• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I smell manure.

1/4 vis?

FAR 135?

In an Azwreck?

How do you stay close enough to the runway to keep it insight? underneath that giant boheamouth of a wing and engine? While using normal maneuvers at all times? for approach and landing?

Most Circling approaches require more than 1SM vis due to the nature of the procedure (1.3Vs approach category @ 1.x SM from any runway, etc.)

100-1/2

RVR at the time was reported as variable 400ft-1/4 mile, I looked it up that night, I'm not smart enought to figure out how to look it up weeks after the fact.

Part 91, instruction flight xc to Vegas.

Yes, in an Aztec.

We all know the regs, normal maneuvers, 1.3 yada yada, but you're forgetting the power of the almighty E word, guy said he broke every min. he could think of on the approach. On top of all of that he did it all from the right seat.

I might have mispoke on the circling, but it was a VOR-B, 27 degrees off the runway if I remember correctly. ILS was out of service.

There's no doubt this was a rough one and everyone in that plane owes their life to the guy. Why do we always have to accuse people of exaggerating, lying, spreading BS. This guy wasn't out for bragging rights, didn't even want to talk about it, just happy to be alive. Can't we just pat a guy on the back every now and then?

This just to close out this issue. The NTSB repot can be found at
Www.ntsb.gov/do lib/reports/2011/AAR1105.pdf

1. Pilot failed to add ice inhibitors during previous refueling
2. Pilot failed to follow manufacturer's recommended procedures to land ASAP after fuel imbalance (caused by ice in fuel pump on one side)
3. Pilot was unable to overcome imbalanced load forces while maneuvering to land.

"During the accident flight, the pilot began to divert to BTM about 30 minutes after the maximum allowable fuel imbalance was reached..."

:(

Formal school!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the pilot should've taken a course on the aircraft that is offered at Flight Safety/SimCom!!!!A formal school can help a lot!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: :angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

Maybe the pilot should've taken a course on the aircraft that is offered at Flight Safety/SimCom!!!!A formal school can help a lot!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: :angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

"But it's more expensive". :angryfire

Do You????????

Hey G-Farce dude,do you "attend a formal school" such as Flight Safety/SimCom for those Navajos,King Airs,and sh*t???????????

Don't understand!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey G-Farce dude,do you "attend a formal school" such as Flight Safety/SimCom for those Navajos,King Airs,and sh*t???????????

Paradoxus dude,I just don't think you UNDERSTAND very much at all about aviation flight training methods!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: :angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

Yes,but its much CHEAPER than most FUNERALS are!!!!!!!Have you PRICED a FUNERAL lately?????????:rolleyes::rolleyes: :angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

Whossshhhhhh.....right over your head.

Latest resources

Back