• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
+28 Remember Lads and Lasses a lot of our geezers have been out on LTD so their removal won't help us move up. It is though better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Why is this still a sticky?

Because of the need to see if vehement posters will actually retire upon reaching the terribly advanced age of 60 like they're demanding of their elders.

And where is all the attrition? .

See above...If they really believe 60-year-olds should leave, we should see it start right up soon....

Last edited:
I will be gone by 60, but I am only 35 now, so I got a few years before you see those of us who are preparing properly for retirement gone, and I even have a boat, motorcycles, ex-wife, and other toys, I just play it a bit more frugal than others.

I will be gone by 60, but I am only 35 now, so I got a few years before you see those of us who are preparing properly for retirement gone, and I even have a boat, motorcycles, ex-wife, and other toys, I just play it a bit more frugal than others.

A lot can happen between ages 35 and 45. You may want to bump that retirement age up to...I'll evaluate my retirement options at age 60.

With all due respect you have know clue what the next 25 years will hold. Wait and see.

Because of the need to see if vehement posters will actually retire upon reaching the terribly advanced age of 60 like they're demanding of their elders.

See above...If they really believe 60-year-olds should leave, we should see it start right up soon....

Listen, you sniveling little wretch, if you want to make it 60 for everyone, I would sign that RIGHT NOW.

But after having five years stolen from me by a bunch of wrinkled old cowards, I now have to work until 65 to earn back what was stolen.

I suggest that you familiarize yourself with a concept called "time value of money".

Stolen? I didn't know that advancement/upgrade was an entitlement. If the delay of five years is the worst that happens in your career, count yourself lucky. Name-calling on an anonymous won't get you much credibility.

If the 60 rule had any merit whatsoever, changing than mandatory age back to 60 shouldn't be too difficult.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back