• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yip-Whatever. I bet the average legacy FO could fly rings around you.
Probably, I am just an Navy average pilot, lots of guys got better grades than me during carrier qualification, I think the other check airman in my squadron were better pilots. But I did not run across any of these while going through Navy Flight Training, where I made the Captains list for Academic Performance in Primany, graduated first in my class from Basic Flight and Advanced Flight Training. Wrote the highest score ever recorded in Navigator School. But I have become so comfortable in the center of the envelope that I would not want to try to fly rings around anyone.:rolleyes:

Yip where be that hiring boom baby???
Not a baby boomer, I was a War Baby:laugh:

Last edited:
Probably, I am just an Navy average pilot, lots of guys got better grades than me during carrier qualification, I think the other check airman in my squadron were better pilots. But I did not run across any of these while going through Navy Flight Training, where I made the Captains list for Academic Performance in Primany, graduated first in my class from Basic Flight and Advanced Flight Training. Wrote the highest score ever recorded in Navigator School. But I have become so comfortable in the center of the envelope that I would not want to try to fly rings around anyone.:rolleyes:

Not a baby boomer, I was a War Baby:laugh:

Did you get a badge for humility?

Just ask him about flying combat off wooden carriers at night.

Ironic you're chomping at the bit for a warm pink body to fill seats at any experience level in YIP, yet proclaim all the loss of experience is going to result in a drastic cut to safety. They're either going to die off, or retire, either way movement has to begin at some point. I'd rather see the old guys around long enough to mentor the new hires than just get wheeled out, leaving the mentoring to those scary career FO's.

Last edited:
Me? I was just agreeing that there are pilots who could fly rings around me. I am just an average pilot. And yes they did have wooden decks on the first one I landed on.:p We havin' fun yet?

Last edited:
Probably, I am just an Navy average pilot, lots of guys got better grades than me during carrier qualification, I think the other check airman in my squadron were better pilots. But I did not run across any of these while going through Navy Flight Training, where I made the Captains list for Academic Performance in Primany, graduated first in my class from Basic Flight and Advanced Flight Training.

And then the Civil War started.

because age 65 not eff-ing us anymore is good news for all involved.

gtf out!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back