• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stolen? I didn't know that advancement/upgrade was an entitlement. If the delay of five years is the worst that happens in your career, count yourself lucky. Name-calling on an anonymous won't get you much credibility.

The problem is it wasn't just a delay. Many of us now won't make it as far as we could have (notice I didn't say would have) had the rules not been changed. I, for one, am now operating primarily in a salvage mode, that is to say, I'm no longer concerned with how far ahead I can get, but with how I can not fall any further behind. I'm almost 38, so my time of making big strides in this business is likely over (or nearly over), so now I'm just working on bowing out around 50, 55 at the latest. I have no interest in sticking around just to be an obstacle in somebody else's way.

I'm almost 38, so my time of making big strides in this business is likely over (or nearly over),
Now that is funny :laugh: Oh! to be almost 38 again and have nothing in front of me. Gosh I was only on my third job since leaving the Navy, I had 8 more jobs to go. But is has been an adventure and I have had a ball.

Now that is funny :laugh: Oh! to be almost 38 again and have nothing in front of me. Gosh I was only on my third job since leaving the Navy, I had 8 more jobs to go. But is has been an adventure and I have had a ball.

Good for you. I'm not saying I'm not having a ball, I'm saying there are certain economic realities placed in front of me by (among other things) age 65. As a responsible person, I have to deal with those realities. One of them is that I probably have at most two years and change to be hired by a major. Obviously I'm not counting on that, so I have to run my life based on the worst possible case scenario, something the 65-year-olds obviously chose not to do.

Ah...

Livin', you seem to be the hater. It must be sad to be you. But, on the bright side, I don't have to fly with you (even in a sim)! Sweet!

Hmm, guess you are the weak one, then, because I would not be afraid to fly with you.

Maybe you should toughen up a little, so you're not so sensitive.

Hmm, guess you are the weak one, then, because I would not be afraid to fly with you.

Maybe you should toughen up a little, so you're not so sensitive.

You interpreted what I wrote as fear? No, you silly child. I was expressing something more akin to relief. Weakness applies to...nothing. Your reading comprehension skills, along with your limited ability to write something deeper than simple and childish outbursts, hamper your ability to communicate.

With all your name calling and excited rhetoric you woud be one tedious dude to fly with. That's it in a nutshell.

Last edited:
You interpreted what I wrote as fear? No, you silly child. I was expressing something more akin to relief. Weakness applies to...nothing. Your reading comprehension skills, along with your limited ability to write something deeper than simple and childish outbursts, hamper your ability to communicate.

With all your name calling and excited rhetoric you woud be one tedious dude to fly with. That's it in a nutshell.

Relief from apprehension? Fear? What...

Sorry you have sensitivity issues - it's okay, I'm sure you could invoke your rights under the Americans with Disabilities act to get me on your no-fly list if needed. "Reasonable accommodation", I think they call it.

No need to get your undies all in a bundle, and I would not want to be responsible for degrading your ability to perform in the flight deck by subjecting you to conflicting ideas and the occasional rhetorical jab. We all have differing abilities to cope with the environment we find ourselves in. That's what makes the world go 'round.

If it helps, though, I could pretend I agree with everything you say, nodding enthusiastically and all. I'm happy to accommodate, just let me know what you need.

I'm good like that, I can keep my cool when I'm trapped in the flight deck with someone who I don't like.

It's very big of you to admit that you're not there yet. We're cool.

Relief from apprehension? Fear? What...

Sorry you have sensitivity issues - it's okay, I'm sure you could invoke your rights under the Americans with Disabilities act to get me on your no-fly list if needed. "Reasonable accommodation", I think they call it.

No need to get your undies all in a bundle, and I would not want to be responsible for degrading your ability to perform in the flight deck by subjecting you to conflicting ideas and the occasional rhetorical jab. We all have differing abilities to cope with the environment we find ourselves in. That's what makes the world go 'round.

If it helps, though, I could pretend I agree with everything you say, nodding enthusiastically and all. I'm happy to accommodate, just let me know what you need.

I'm good like that, I can keep my cool when I'm trapped in the flight deck with someone who I don't like.

It's very big of you to admit that you're not there yet. We're cool.

Yawn. As I said, tedious.

Latest resources

Back