• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

121 Outsourced Dispather

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
great, thats all we need... trying to outsource our jobs. Where is the ADF to kill this mutant creature before all our jobs are eaten by the "we can do it cheaper" machine.:angryfire

Sorry about the link....I found it on another web site as a file and copid the link here, I forgot its a password protected web site, I have it downloaded to my pc, but dont know how to upload it here...its a power point presentation..any ideas how to get it here? Cut and Paste is too big....Geez

This has some serious negative consequences for existing dispatcher offices if ever gets approval. Imagine your next contract negotiation when management says Jepp will do the job for X, you guys are going to have to take to a paycut to Y otherwise we are going to go with Jepp for our OC needs.
Better yet 5 years down the road after they outsource our jobs to JEPP they decide that haji in India can do the job for Z and they outsource the outsourcing!
This is not good for our industry

Just a quick note, I understand the concern: But When we came up with this plan in 2001, our business model was amied directed at 135 operations with VIP corporate jet customers, different than fracs...somewhere in between 135 with a 121 flair that added operational control via a contract between us and the customers.

As to the 121 side of things, I doubt this is going to move very fast, maybe 3 years, but when it does, I would think that your unions should be addressing this in new contracts negociations, whereby lests say the current company dispatchers get priority hiring at Jep for there respective airlines on work that Jep takes on.
Just an Idea, be proactive in this approach and attack this problem before it bits everyone in the Arse...

We all know the direction of the industry is to do it cheaper faster bla bla bla....and if management has anything to say about it, and they do, out- sourcing an entire department for less dollars will be looked at hard...this is not to say that dispatchers working at Jep will be be making less, they might even make more than they do now, I would hope so..that should be worked into the union agreements as well.., flight benefits etc....

JMHO....Good luck..

, I would think that your unions should be addressing this in new contracts negociations, whereby lests say the current company dispatchers get priority hiring at Jep for there respective airlines on work that Jep takes on.
Just an Idea, be proactive in this approach and attack this problem before it bits everyone in the Arse...

contract dont mean squat when you are out the door. look at the NW mech's. There is no way a union contract will prevent it from happening if the company wants it in. The union AND its members will be out on the street.

This thing needs to die on the vine and fast.

and RVSM is right...just a matter of time before Apu is working the flights.

Just a quick note, I understand the concern: But When we came up with this plan in 2001, our business model was amied directed at 135 operations with VIP corporate jet customers, different than fracs...somewhere in between 135 with a 121 flair that added operational control via a contract between us and the customers.

As to the 121 side of things, I doubt this is going to move very fast, maybe 3 years, but when it does, I would think that your unions should be addressing this in new contracts negociations, whereby lests say the current company dispatchers get priority hiring at Jep for there respective airlines on work that Jep takes on.

We all know the direction of the industry is to do it cheaper faster bla bla bla....and if management has anything to say about it, and they do, out- sourcing an entire department for less dollars will be looked at hard...this is not to say that dispatchers working at Jep will be be making less, they might even make more than they do now, I would hope so..that should be worked into the union agreements as well.., flight benefits etc....

JMHO....Good luck..

Hope you are proud of your work to bring the industry down....

I think the idea of bringing 121 dispatch standards into 135 / corporate operations was a good idea. Unfortunately now someone thinks they see a short term profit generating tool in the 121 operations that will in the long term hurt our industry. If these changes are approved and the FAA allows contract Domestic and Flag dispatching the only thing that might keep them from raiding existing 121 dispatch operations would be if the Jepp guys unionize.

Another thought occurs to me, If this goes through JEPP has a ready trained pool of scab workers ready to go should any union think self help is a serious option.

Last edited:
Just as expected from you Homer

You sure are consistant....You really think I set out in 2001 to ruin the dispatch industry? Jerk , I wrote how things went down then exactly....further, with all the outsourcing going on everywhere, do you really think this idea would have stayed under the radar..Oh please...replacing dispatchers is not a new idea, for that matter, replacing anything with cheaper costs is the standard, right, wrong or indifferent...

But Homer, I have to say, since you have been so totaly obtuse with me and the opinions of others here for years... it would be a pleasure to see your a$$ replaced at Skywest with some young kid out of school working for Jeppesen..if it happens, so be it for you pal...

I don't have a dog in this hunt anymore, I am not in dispatch, not working for any airline, dont intend to return, I'm doing just fine down here charter fishing now for 2 +years. I only posted at the request from a buddy that is still dispatching armed with this news from Jeppesen, he knew of my efforts in 2001 and asked if I would comment here as INFORMATION TO HELP as he is concerned as well.

BUT NOOOO, Homer to the rescue, you probabaly have the same attitude there at work as you regularly express here, I'm sure your loved.. and you must be proud!
Since you adopted the name I sarcasticly gave you years ago "gods gift to dispatch" you should include that you are truly "THE embarrassment of the profession"

Good luck to those here that can see past this tired old BS between homer and I. I could never get a word in edgewise with out his attacks, Pathic.

I hope the dispatchers can work this out possibly together and if nothing else, participate in molding the outcome of this plan or head if off at the pass completly, somehow. I have a deep respect for the dispatch profession, I still feel you guys/gals are the unsung hero's of the airline industry, I thought it better to have a warning of the comming storm and prepare, than to get blind sided and unable to effect any impact....

I am out of here....GL

Latest resources

Back