• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10 ex freedom 900's go to asa not mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That way DAL can park W/O 50 seaters and trade 900's for 50's(not 1 for 1 just like this deal) at non W/O, therefore enabling more 50's to be parked.

This wasn't 1-for-1, it was 1-for-2.

Of those 5 airlines, the 900s only actually operated at 2 so far. And, they never would have left Freedom if their company could have operated them within the range of their DCI contract. Just because a company announces that they're getting new airplanes doesn't mean a thing, just like the old saying goes.

I don't really blame ALPA for all of this, I knew what I signed up for when I came to ASA. We're at the beck and call of Delta and the DCI network, everybody here knows this.

If the Delta pilots cared about DCI, this would get fixed. But they don't, so they gladly have 7+ carriers operate Delta passengers on former Delta routes so they can keep their widebody pay high.

I don't think anybody would doubt that Delta management's wet dream is to have a ton of contractors all fighting for their piece of the DL code pie. Every time the Delta pilots have drawn their line in the sand (turboprops, then 50 seats, then 70 seats, then 76 seats) it's ended up moving once they get close to the scope limit. At what point is the DAL MEC going to stand up and say, no more?

Everyone has their Rez O. Lewshun....here at ASA ours is Sweptback...

At least you now admit that the Delta mainline pilots don't care about us....Given that, why should we care about them.....Given all of that....Are we really "fraternal brothers"?

Save the ALPA talking points for Rez.....

You know after a maelstrom of bad news from every corner nowadays, this announcement, as a junior FO, gave me a reason to smile and relive the expericence of jumping up and down on a bed.

Thanks to all you guys who have been busting your butts to push back on time and to make A-14 on arrival.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

So there!

And another thing; blah blah blah blah blah!!!

And don't forget. We don't know the scheduled "retirement" date for these 50 seaters. It may result initially in a net gain, then over a period of time ASA slowly removes them from service. Smart if that's the way it works out, perhaps ASA won't have to furlough, then can find another home (Carrier) for those 50 seaters going out of service.

Trojan
The way Delta worked it with us was all 50 seaters were scheduled for return immeditely. We did a one for one, but you guys got hosed on the deal. So as soon as you take delivery of one -900; two 50 seaters are taken off the line for return. Delta wants to shed 50 seaters as fast as possible. We got hosed becuase we returned 14 50 seaters and only got 13 -900s in return.

The way Delta worked it with us was all 50 seaters were scheduled for return immeditely. We did a one for one, but you guys got hosed on the deal. So as soon as you take delivery of one -900; two 50 seaters are taken off the line for return. Delta wants to shed 50 seaters as fast as possible. We got hosed becuase we returned 14 50 seaters and only got 13 -900s in return.

Alot can happen between now and the date the 50-seaters are supposed to be retired, which is 2nd quarter 2010. The fact that we are not wholly owned allows us to use those airframes for someone else. I wouldnt say we got hosed on the deal.

That bid we had in for United might come back on the table now.

Latest resources

Back