10 ex freedom 900's go to asa not mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are you on the regional boards?

Don't you think these deals affect us at the majors? Didn't know there was a FI rule that major pilots can't post in regional section. Does that apply to regional pilots posting in the majors section?

Last edited:
The way Delta worked it with us was all 50 seaters were scheduled for return immeditely. We did a one for one, but you guys got hosed on the deal. So as soon as you take delivery of one -900; two 50 seaters are taken off the line for return. Delta wants to shed 50 seaters as fast as possible. We got hosed becuase we returned 14 50 seaters and only got 13 -900s in return.

Uhh...we start getting 900s Apr 09. The 50s dont start leaving til Spring 2010

So if as previously mentioned, there are junior guys in the left seat of the 700, why aren't the senior guys getting by pass pay.

A good number of those senior guys who were "bypassed" didn't actually put in a standing bid for 700 Captain. That's their fault not the company's. Like Ron White says...."you can't fix stupid"

Don't you think these deals affect us at the majors? Didn't know there was a FI rule that major pilots can't post in regional section. Does that apply to regional pilots posting in the majors section?

CHILL DUDE!!! It was only a 7 word question.

However, it seems since you moved on that you would just let it go! You know, set go-around-power, spoilers in, flaps 8, gear up! But otherwise, WELCOME! You must miss us!

A good number of those senior guys who were "bypassed" didn't actually put in a standing bid for 700 Captain. That's their fault not the company's. Like Ron White says...."you can't fix stupid"

Most of the junior guys on the 700 are there because of the super-seniority clause after displacements. It was pretty stupid on the company's part to announce displacements, then just a few weeks later put out a vacancy bid for the 700 captain.

Although, there will be lots of new 700 captain positions now, so hopefully everybody will get their seats back.

I don't follow.

OK...

Why should Delta MEC care about which carrier or how many of them fly as Delta Connection?

His concern is gonna be to stop the bleeding of mainline flying to DCI as much as possible.

The onus to fix this whipsaw is going to be on regional MEC's, particularly WO's.

Personally, and I'm speaking from the outside here, I'd make it a goal to merge all Delta wholly-owned regionals into one, a'la Piedmont/Allegheny. It is a major uphill battle, yes. But in my opinion, it's a worthy one too.

It won't help you one iota to gain pay/work rules at one carrier when they'll shift the flying to another, cheaper carrier and now you're getting furloughed while another DCI carrier is hiring... and you won't be able to count on Delta MEC to help you because realistically, there's not much in it for them.

Alot can happen between now and the date the 50-seaters are supposed to be retired, which is 2nd quarter 2010. The fact that we are not wholly owned allows us to use those airframes for someone else. I wouldnt say we got hosed on the deal.

That bid we had in for United might come back on the table now.

I agree with the sentiment that no one really knows what will happen with the 200s between now and the spring of 2010. More $35/bbl. oil, the probability that the overall economy will be noticeably recovering, and the 200 might very well have a new lease on life. I wouldn't bet on it, but it's possible.

All that being said, I'm not at all convinced that UAL will be a going concern in the spring of 2010; I don't think that a plan for 'saving' the 20 airframes should be dependent on UAL.

Hey MJ

You may not like Ohplease cause he puts it out there minus the PC, but he has a legit point, and often is spot on.

I can tell you, he knows first hand the BS that your hero, JA can feed.

ASA/Skywest Inc. has made a move that will be good in the long run. Everybody knows the 50 seat market is a dying one, and ASA made a significant investment to be ready for this day. I think they decided to take the 2 for 1 deal now and prove ourself worthy of future airframes.

ASA, finally is being run by a management team that has the ability, guts, and the finances to exactly what they want.

On another note, why is DAL parking 757's newly painted in the desert? Last week, they did.

Medeco

Latest resources

Back