• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10 ex freedom 900's go to asa not mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry--you are wrong! The cost of oil impacts everything in our economy! Plug in and Play!

I am plugged in and willing to play. Of course the cost of oil impacts everything in the economy. That wasn't the subject of my message. Concerning what I was saying about the preceding thread, the current oil at $35+/barrel is not there because suddenly oil is cheap! It is at this price because of the current state of the economy. Once the economy rebound, so will the price of oil.

Are you a lawyer??

Um, no. But these are recent FACTS from the company and union. However, things can change by the minute in this industry. I'm not naive to think any differently. If someone is going to irresponsibly post inaccurate info on your company wouldn't you dispute it with facts?

Joyfully posting about any airline furloughing is just wrong. The only reasons these 2 do it is they think they are getting me upset. Unfortunately for them, I'm not upset. I just like to PROVE they are wrong, it's fun!

Last edited:
If someone is going to irresponsibly post inaccurate info on your company wouldn't you repute it with facts?

Not really, as it's becoming increasingly difficult to know what accurate is anymore.

True, but I believe company and union info instead of wild a$$ guesses from FI flamers.

Lately they seem just about equally "accurate".

I HIGHLY doubt this...

My neighbor is a captain for DAL. He was telling me yesterday he flew one out there last week with new paint and seats, they did not tell him why that one, but he said you were parking 757's, I have not kept up with the details of what DAL is doing with which aircraft.

He and I just thought it was crazy to park one with fresh paint.

For what it is worth he figured about 100 pilots get furloughed at DAL.

I'm not hoping for this, just repeating what he said.

Medeco

Yes RA, not JA, and he will lie to you however he likes. He did it to the NWA mechanics in ATL back in 2001/2002.

My neighbor is a captain for DAL. He was telling me yesterday he flew one out there last week with new paint and seats, they did not tell him why that one, but he said you were parking 757's, I have not kept up with the details of what DAL is doing with which aircraft. Fair enough, if he flew it to the desert then he should know. Just nothing from DAL indicating this happened(at least that I can find).

He and I just thought it was crazy to park one with fresh paint. Agreed.

For what it is worth he figured about 100 pilots get furloughed at DAL.I disagree, see a few posts ago as to my reasoning.

I'm not hoping for this, just repeating what he said.You and me both...at any airline, not just DAL.

Medeco

Yes RA, not JA, and he will lie to you however he likes. He did it to the NWA mechanics in ATL back in 2001/2002.

So far the pilot group has faith in RA. Hopefully he will not disappoint us. Can't speak for what happened in 2001, I don't know much about what happened.

Fellow colleagues:
Early last month, Mesaba announced continued growth for our regional jet fleet with the addition of 15 CRJ-900 aircraft beginning in January 2009. This allotment resulted from our excellent operational performance, outstanding safety record, and demonstrated ability to facilitate rapid expansion while maintaining our low cost structure.
Recently, we were informed that Delta Connection will re-allocate 10 of these aircraft to Atlantic Southeast Airlines (ASA), as a part of their global strategy. Through this business agreement, ASA will remove 20 of their less efficient CRJ-200 aircraft from the Delta Connection fleet.
I want to be clear that this decision is not reflective of Mesaba, but rather an opportunity for Delta Connection to "right-size" its fleet for future market growth. Our strategy remains the same – provide safe, reliable service to our passengers, and manage our costs. This strategy has led to rapid growth for our airline in 2007 and 2008, and growth that will continue in 2009.
Mesaba will take delivery of five Delta CRJ-900s, (as originally planned) three on February 12 and two on February 19. Also beginning on February 19, we will operate all five aircraft from Salt Lake City, serving eight markets from Delta’s western hub. This acquisition allows us to become the largest operator of 76-seat aircraft in the Delta family, evidence that our core business structure remains strong.
While the reduced aircraft allotment may appear disappointing, the reality is that our airline continues to grow. We have continued to expand aggressively – adding 52 aircraft in the past 19 months – as other carriers are cutting back. While we have currently suspended hiring additional flight crews, we do not anticipate any furloughs to occur because of this decision, at this time.
This remains an exciting time for our airline as we stretch our service westward and continue to expand our fleet. I thank you, once again, for your dedication and service to Mesaba Airlines
Regards
John Spanjers
President
Mesaba Airlines

From apc

The major airline is the one who decides where the regional planes go...period.

My neighbor is a captain for DAL. He was telling me yesterday he flew one out there last week with new paint and seats, they did not tell him why that one, but he said you were parking 757's, I have not kept up with the details of what DAL is doing with which aircraft.

He and I just thought it was crazy to park one with fresh paint.

For what it is worth he figured about 100 pilots get furloughed at DAL.

I'm not hoping for this, just repeating what he said.

Medeco
So far those 757's are on a temporary vacation in VCV and will be back for the summer loads. Delta would rather pull down capacity and keep ticket prices profitable than chase too few customers with too many seats.

If bookings go forward as planned, no furlough. If bookings do not rebound after the winter lull, then possibly we'd see cuts.

The 767 is supposed to be overstaffed, but most all the reserves have been used right up to the max in December and a good many are hitting the greenslip trigger (double pay).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back