10 ex freedom 900's go to asa not mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK...

Why should Delta MEC care about which carrier or how many of them fly as Delta Connection?

His concern is gonna be to stop the bleeding of mainline flying to DCI as much as possible.

The onus to fix this whipsaw is going to be on regional MEC's, particularly WO's.

Personally, and I'm speaking from the outside here, I'd make it a goal to merge all Delta wholly-owned regionals into one, a'la Piedmont/Allegheny. It is a major uphill battle, yes. But in my opinion, it's a worthy one too.

It won't help you one iota to gain pay/work rules at one carrier when they'll shift the flying to another, cheaper carrier and now you're getting furloughed while another DCI carrier is hiring... and you won't be able to count on Delta MEC to help you because realistically, there's not much in it for them.

An accurate summary.

However, merging all the WO's (I guess that's the accepted acronym...) won't give them the horsepower to sway Delta to favor the WO's as long as the likes of ASA/SKYW, Chataqua (sp?), et al, are around.

I really don't see Delta pilots agreeing to any more erosion on their scope. I just don't see 100 seaters at ASA or anywhere else other than Delta. Overall, I think that is good for the pilot profession.

I agree with the sentiment that no one really knows what will happen with the 200s between now and the spring of 2010. More $35/bbl. oil, the probability that the overall economy will be noticeably recovering, and the 200 might very well have a new lease on life. I wouldn't bet on it, but it's possible.

All that being said, I'm not at all convinced that UAL will be a going concern in the spring of 2010; I don't think that a plan for 'saving' the 20 airframes should be dependent on UAL.

You don't seem to get it. The fact that oil is at that price today has nothing to do with the fact that someone has found new oil somewhere, or that suddenly it's cheap again... Oil price is a trend that fluctuate WITH the economy (and speculation), and doesn't really dictate the economy state. Oil price will go way up when the economy gets out of its coma.

Hey MJ

You may not like Ohplease cause he puts it out there minus the PC, but he has a legit point, and often is spot on.

I can tell you, he knows first hand the BS that your hero, JA can feed.

ASA/Skywest Inc. has made a move that will be good in the long run. Everybody knows the 50 seat market is a dying one, and ASA made a significant investment to be ready for this day. I think they decided to take the 2 for 1 deal now and prove ourself worthy of future airframes.

ASA, finally is being run by a management team that has the ability, guts, and the finances to exactly what they want.

On another note, why is DAL parking 757's newly painted in the desert? Last week, they did.

Medeco

Oh please has a documented history of being wrong, easily confirmed by his posts.

Who is JA? Do you mean RA? If so, he's not my hero, but I think he is very good at running an airline. As is Skywest, Inc's management team.

I may have missed a communication of DAL parking newly painted 757's recently. Did a quick search and did not find anything to confirm your claim. What is your source? I know some older NWA 757's are scheduled to be parked, I don't know the time frame. This has been known for some time.

You don't seem to get it. The fact that oil is at that price today has nothing to do with the fact that someone has found new oil somewhere, or that suddenly it's cheap again... Oil price is a trend that fluctuate WITH the economy (and speculation), and doesn't really dictate the economy state. Oil price will go way up when the economy gets out of its coma.

Sorry--you are wrong! The cost of oil impacts everything in our economy! Plug in and Play!

Yeah Delta will furlough =Oh Please is RIGHT...

And Oh Please most likely never wanted to go to Delta and upgrade in 15-20 years and be on reserve in JFK for years...or holding 16-17 days off a month at home, flying as captain, with young fun crews (I have been on Dl=crews suck) and spending time with family and friends EVERY MONTH.

Does it really matter why oil is cheap to the the fuel pump on the a/c?

I'll simplify for you:

For reference, compare the price of a barrel of oil on the open market circa 1999. Then, compare the price of oil that we experienced in the summer of '08. 1999 economy: good. 2008 economy: bad.

Get my point?

I agree with you that the price of oil will be higher in the future. Beyond that, no one really knows.

The reason that I brought this up was to give one possible explanation to the idea that the 200 might have some useful life yet. Clearly, the 50 seat rj is not the wave of the future, but I'm not of the opinion that the airframe no longer has any value.

A good number of those senior guys who were "bypassed" didn't actually put in a standing bid for 700 Captain. That's their fault not the company's. Like Ron White says...."you can't fix stupid"

There was nothing "stupid" about it and it wasn't our fault. It went to super seniority, which is why myself and the others got bypassed. Basically, you go back to your airplane as things become available for six months, then it's back to straight seniority- open to everybody on the seniority list. Just about all of us had a bid in for the 700. Hell, I even put one in for the ATR as a joke. I don't care if it's in a cessna- I just want to get back into the left seat of something.

Regarding the spool up of the training department, I wonder when it will begin and we will see the vacancies open up. Hopefully this is enough to keep our junior guys on, with no need to furlough. I'm not sweating the 1.5 year pay back with the 200's- something will come up, or enough people will have moved on to lessen the blow.

And yet, another idiot chimes in!:nuts: What is your prediction based on? I never said we won't furlough, but there are facts as to why we probably don't need to, such as:

1) Early retirement programs will be offered.
2) LOA's offered(note #1 and 2 have been offered to all employee groups except pilots).
3) We (NWA) are not yet staffed to DALs staffing model.
4) Costly flowback. Our furloughs would have to be on the streets(IOW, at Compass and Mesaba) for over 2 years for DAL to re-coupe training costs and other furlough expenses.
5) If more than 450 pilots furloughed, DAL HAS TO start pulling seats out of 76 seat aircraft. Again, very costly.
6) We still have 777, 737 deliveries coming. DC-9's and MD-88 will not be parked in the near term. However, 50 seaters will be parked like you are starting to see.

What are the facts for your opinion? Oh, wait, there aren't any. Just your useless ramblings.

Again, in earlier posts(#27 and 69 for your reference), I just stated my opinion based on FACTS from DAL and DALPA. Why the need to get so upset over my original post? I was responding to someone else anyway.

There is something wrong with you guys. You hope for DAL furloughs for some odd reason. I never wish a furlough on anyone. You seem to take joy in saying DAL will furlough, when you have no factual basis for such a statement. I think it's a jealousy issue, why else would you wish a horrible fate on someone?

Are you a lawyer??

Latest resources

Back