• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10 ex freedom 900's go to asa not mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
heres another one from the old crystal ball.....dc9s and md88s will be parked and larger RJs will be added to DCI. Not quite up to 100 seats but really REALLY close.

some time in the not too distant future, DCI will handle all flying below 100 seats and Mama D will handle anything over 100.

Bank on it.

Why, ALPA doesn't make business decisions?

Another ALPA talking point....

What are scope sections? They impose business decisions on airlines....don't they?

ALPA may not make the actual business decisions...but you can't actually believe that ALPA contracts don't influence business decisions....

Why, ALPA doesn't make business decisions?

Well, let's see - someone mentioned how this all went down: Mesa to Comair to Pinnacle to Mesaba to ASA.

See anything in common there, perhaps something along the lines of pilot representation?

Now... Comair was furloughing, Mesaba was hiring. Mesaba requires new hires to resign seniority from their previous airline.

What do those two airlines have in common? See anything wrong with this picture?

How many airlines are flying as Delta Connection?

Now... ALPA will tell you that there is nothing they can do about it. I tend to disagree, but then again, what do I know...

heres another one from the old crystal ball.....dc9s and md88s will be parked and larger RJs will be added to DCI. Not quite up to 100 seats but really REALLY close.

some time in the not too distant future, DCI will handle all flying below 100 seats and Mama D will handle anything over 100.

Bank on it.

DAL pilots would have to vote and agree to this, somehow I doubt they would ever do that.

Well, let's see - someone mentioned how this all went down: Mesa to Comair to Pinnacle to Mesaba to ASA.

See anything in common there, perhaps something along the lines of pilot representation?

Now... Comair was furloughing, Mesaba was hiring. Mesaba requires new hires to resign seniority from their previous airline.

What do those two airlines have in common? See anything wrong with this picture?

Now... ALPA will tell you that there is nothing they can do about it. I tend to disagree, but then again, what do I know...

Of those 5 airlines, the 900s only actually operated at 2 so far. And, they never would have left Freedom if their company could have operated them within the range of their DCI contract. Just because a company announces that they're getting new airplanes doesn't mean a thing, just like the old saying goes.

I don't really blame ALPA for all of this, I knew what I signed up for when I came to ASA. We're at the beck and call of Delta and the DCI network, everybody here knows this.

If the Delta pilots cared about DCI, this would get fixed. But they don't, so they gladly have 7+ carriers operate Delta passengers on former Delta routes so they can keep their widebody pay high.

I don't think anybody would doubt that Delta management's wet dream is to have a ton of contractors all fighting for their piece of the DL code pie. Every time the Delta pilots have drawn their line in the sand (turboprops, then 50 seats, then 70 seats, then 76 seats) it's ended up moving once they get close to the scope limit. At what point is the DAL MEC going to stand up and say, no more?

Just like they would never vote for 76 seaters right!

Sorry, lots of guys on property now that were not there last time. Tide is changing at DAL. Not gonna happen, BANK ON IT! DC-9's and MD88 not parked(at least over next few years). Any replacement WILL be flown at mainline, period! IMHO, you will see more shuffling of 900's to non W/O. That way DAL can park W/O 50 seaters and trade 900's for 50's(not 1 for 1 just like this deal) at non W/O, therefore enabling more 50's to be parked.

Indeed-not much... Of course, the village moron usually doesn't.

-"Truthiness," indeed

Latest resources

Back