• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10 CR7s for Gojets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
geez, another wasted 10 minutes of my life reading responses from a GenLee started post. Such boring banter. General Lee, go back to the Major forums where you belong. Fck, you're such a tool.

Waste of time? Sorry Einstein, go back to reading the encyclopedia....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hmmm, I would agree if the 200's were't already being axed. Also, a 717 replacing a 200 makes no sense. Are they going to fly the 717 to Pellston, Aberdeen, and Alpena? Delta was going to get the 717's either way as well. Taking it back means either allowing no more larger aircraft at regionals, or even better, scoping out 76 seaters all together. There was nothing done to "take it back". What in the contract allowed the company to get 717's that would not have allowed them to get them if it wasn't passed? Maybe I am missing something.

Never flown into Aberdeen but we did fly DC 9 s into Pellston Alpena
and the Soo for that matter for a long time.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I would agree if the 200's were't already being axed. Also, a 717 replacing a 200 makes no sense. Are they going to fly the 717 to Pellston, Aberdeen, and Alpena? Delta was going to get the 717's either way as well. Taking it back means either allowing no more larger aircraft at regionals, or even better, scoping out 76 seaters all together. There was nothing done to "take it back". What in the contract allowed the company to get 717's that would not have allowed them to get them if it wasn't passed? Maybe I am missing something.

The problem wasn't 50 seaters going to Brainard or Aberdeen, the problem is 50 seaters going to Nashville or Pittsburgh. Put them up against any other larger LCC plane, and you lose. 50 seaters to Bemidji are fine.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Whatever you do don't work for GoJet, because if you do the people on the interweb won't like you anymore, and nobody wants that.

As long as the regionals are constantly whipsawed against each other wages will be continually depressed and high seniority airlines will easily be replaced by startups who have to start contract bargaining over from square 1.

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!
There are a couple of regional startups who have already put deposits down
on new CRJ900/1000 aircraft...Theres blood in the water and the sharks are circling

FO 4 Life,
No I did not pay for my training. I use this web name to p1$$ off an express jet pilot name Ben Franklin. Sounds childish but when you are stuck in a crash pad with 20" of snow on the ground it provides some daily entertainment. Please remember I've had this name for 10 years, maybe?

My point and I think ptp agreed, the regionals are not a place to retire from. Guys get confortable with their schedule and their movitation to get a more secure job declines. I can understand how that happens, you bust it for 6-8 years on reserves and you get some seniority and before you know it, your stuck, confortable and have a family. Then one day some greedy person decides to trash your company so he can get a better car / boat. It's not fair, greed always wins out and pilots forget that. As for the Comair people, my heart goes out to them. I've been in their shoes and it suck. Some of them will come out of this better. They will make a quick jump to a fast growing regional, get their time and put all this ugliness behind them. Others will let pride get in the way & never get over the hate that consumes them. I wish things were different. I wish fairness had not died. As for Mr. 12500+ ATR/CRJ200 he is person consumed with pride & hate. I bet he has 20 years at Comair. I bet he has not updated his logbook in 15 years. He has a long road ahead of him & he's bitter about losing his job. I was too but as soon as I realized I needed another job, each day got better. I wish him the best. Sorry for the metrosexual soapbox forum. Let the childish remarks continue.

PFTEXPJET,

Sorry I didn't see it was from someone else.

As far as Mr 12500, ATR, CRJ. The only place I can think of that had that combo is ASA. I could look down my nose at those guys (Comair, Pinnacle, Chatauqua, Express Jet, etc.) because they were all PFT but I don't.

It sucks for Comair, but Delta was giving those jets to someone. Why not raise Cain over Skywest getting more jets? They originally flew the 70 for 50 seat rates.

Did the TSA guys get hosed? Sure. It was their own doing. They were given 10 ERJs from Eagle to do the AX flying. Hulas wanted bigger jets but couldn't put them on the same certificate due to APA scope (look at CHQ, they bought other airlines to put the 70s on. There aren't anything but 50s due to APA scope). There had to be a separate certificate to do it, but the TSA guys screwed themselves on the one list deal.

Former Eagle guy. Shocking I know.

30 more MD90s will be replacing the 17 DC9s. The 88 717s are supposedly pure growth.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Enjoy LBB, just dip around the roach back stroking in your salsa.

Enjoy LBB, just dip around the roach back stroking in your salsa.

I'm going to bid the 737-900ER, so doubtful LBB will be in my future. DL is getting 100 737-900ERs starting soon. Thanks for your great wishes, though. Enjoy DL Connection, I mean United Express, I mean USAir Express, I mean Air Tran Connect, I mean FedEx Connect? Whatever is next.....Spirit Connect maybe?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow, another regional pilot bashing......

Just when I thought Lee had matured finally! I should have known......

Latest resources

Back