• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Zantop L-188's being destroyed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
80 for 80 again you show how little you know of what is going on at YIP, the USA Jet pile will be on the East ramp, not the West ramp like Zantop's.

TMC Part 125

Red guy one way to get correct info is to post an incorrect answer. Thanks for the update. The Feds forced all 125 operators who were involved in the on-demand business convert to 121 about three years ago, that could have been part of the shutdown decision at Zantop. For Vabb yes that rumor was alive and well from the time of the 1997 mass lay off, where I was shown the door, up until the final shutdown in 2005

Last edited:
Wasn't Zantop originally started by 3 or 4 brothers? Or was it started by one, and the others came to work for him?

yes 125 is still alive and kicking but they can not complete in common carriage where they hold out to the open market. They can operate as a contractor to a company to individual companies by written contract.

The Zantop family had a flying service in Jackson Michigan in the early 50's.

I believe it was Duane (S.P.) Zantop that was running it when he reitred Zantop was a big outfit, but the kids took over and downsized it. My dad (we share this account but he never posts) worked for them started out as a mechanic and became a P.F.E. he worked his way up to the DC-8 FE and he left to Airborne when the 8's did. Any other ex-Zantoppers on here? If you remember George Low that's my dad

Latest resources

Back