• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Zantop L-188's being destroyed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder what one is worth in scrap. I agree that it would be great to have one example in the museum.

I would say have a Freighter museum at YIP but there already is, just all the exhibits are flying!

$5/lb?! That's a little steep. The last time I was at the scrap yard (a few weeks ago), aluminum was running $.78/lb. Still, $.78/lb is pretty good.

$5/lb?! That's a little steep. The last time I was at the scrap yard (a few weeks ago), aluminum was running $.78/lb. Still, $.78/lb is pretty good.
Yeah, someone just scrapped a 747 (On TV) and I want to say they only made like $40k on the airframe scrap.

Engines, Landing Gears, APU's and Avionics are where the bulk of the value is.

I would say have a Freighter museum at YIP but there already is, just all the exhibits are flying!

I know,one of the last places to catch a classic Stretch 8, a baby 9,a 727 -200F ,and a DC-3 (Yankee Air Force),all on the same day.

Flying Museum

I know,one of the last places to catch a classic Stretch 8, a baby 9,a 727 -200F ,and a DC-3 (Yankee Air Force),all on the same day.
What makes it even better is it is a flying museum. Newest airplane on the ramp over there is the B-17. Complete zero time rebuild in 1995.

I went by there today and saw about 4 or 5 airframes still awaiting their fate.

If I remember right it was the 501 version of the T-56-8. 3950 T/O SHP, 971 TIT max for take off and 932 TIT for max continous.
Hey randy wasnt it 895 continuous and 932 reduced power takeoff

factory vs Zantop

Hey randy wasnt it 895 continuous and 932 reduced power takeoff
971/932 was factory I believe Zipper was 932 T/O and 888 max cont. Turbo 8's they called them. But in the winter you would be SHP limited at 3950 with temps way below the 932, and at light weights it was an awesome performer. I remember trying to do a V2 climb with a pitch attitude close to 20

971/932 was factory I believe Zipper was 932 T/O and 888 max cont. Turbo 8's they called them. But in the winter you would be SHP limited at 3950 with temps way below the 932, and at light weights it was an awesome performer. I remember trying to do a V2 climb with a pitch attitude close to 20

The "lightweight" P-3B's (T-56-14) would scream 1077/1010 4600 SHP! The P-3A's (T-56-10) with Water Alcohol were fun, if all the engines took the water injection.

Latest resources

Back