You're the boss, what would you buy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

con-pilot

This came up on another thread. I don't know it this has been done before, however, let's give a try.

You are the CEO of your or a similar type company that you fly for, what type of corporate aircraft would chose to buy and operate.

One the other thread I said a re-engined Boeing 727-100, mainly because I loved flying the old beast and the re-engined ones are stage III. However, the operational cost would probably be out of the question.

So if you are flying say a Beech Jet 400A would buy one of those or change to one of the Citation series. G-4 vs Falcon 900B, etc.

You're the boss.

(Try to keep it realistic, no Concords, B-747-800s, Airbus 380s, etc.)

(That includes F-16s:p .)

Guess I would want to have more info first.
Whats the mission profile? Avg # of pax, runway lengths at frequent destinations,stage lengths?? International ops or domestic only???

Guess I would want to have more info first.
Whats the mission profile? Avg # of pax, runway lengths at frequent destinations,stage lengths?? International ops or domestic only???

For the current mission profiles that you are flying now. This is an apple to apple comparison survey.

In other words if you are flying a King Air 200 don't say I would have an G-550 or Global Express. If you are flying a King Air 200, would you (as the pretend CEO) keep that or trade to a different Turbo-Prop or one of the Citations series, or a VLJ, etc.

This question is ridiculous... the "ultimate" corporate aircraft is the one that perfectly fits your mission profile. Going from BE-400 to B727 is just ridiculous unless your mission profile suddenly involves the NY Giants.

That said, if I was the Boss and the Beechjet was meeting the mission (domestic flights, <8 pax) then a Citation X would still meet the requirements while providing more speed and comfort.

Currently flying an A100 King Air, I would love to see it come back to me in beer can form so I could drink out of it after flying any airplane with the potential to climb and/or accelerate on one engine. A B200 would be perfect for what we do.

King Air 350 equipped with ProLine 21 for any mission that's within 1,000 miles. It's a flying SUV and a beautiful airplane.

For any sort of a longer range - CL300 without a doubt.

Latest resources

Back