• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You're the boss, what would you buy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I were the boss and had more money that Forest Gump (it's a house-hold name).
I would go with a BBJ, but that would be for ramp appeal and for my world travels. I already have the interior design picked out.

Just because I have a Challenger back ground, for me and the family and select friends, the new CL605 coming out would be cool. I take Challengers because Gulfstreams suck.

Me as the boss and also pilot, and I would like to strap on one of those Hondajets.

....if I were the boss with all the money.

Whichever one holds the most working girls! (727 or BBJ, they could be in the cargo hold)

Just because I have a Challenger back ground, for me and the family and select friends, the new CL605 coming out would be cool. I take Challengers because Gulfstreams suck.

Right, the new CL605 will have last generation avionics featuring the Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21 system with four 10” x 12” LCD screens and a 4,045 nm range at M 0.74 and FL370. The only reason Bombardier sells any executive aircraft at all is because they discount them well below the price of competing Gulfstream and Dassault Falcon jets.

GV.

Right, the new CL605 will have last generation avionics featuring the Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21 system with four 10” x 12” LCD screens and a 4,045 nm range at M 0.74 and FL370. The only reason Bombardier sells any executive aircraft at all is because they discount them well below the price of competing Gulfstream and Dassault Falcon jets.

GV.

That is funny, I did a study for a company that compared a Lear 45XR (a Bombardier product)which they bought and a G100/G150 and the Gulfstream product could not even complete the mission.

In addition to that, I was recently offered a Gulfstream product (New) at a far deeper discount than the Bombardier product.

I would personally love to fly any of them, But of course I still love my 400A.

That is funny, I did a study for a company that compared a Lear 45XR (a Bombardier product)which they bought and a G100/G150 and the Gulfstream product could not even complete the mission.
Curious what the "mission" was? I didn't realize the LR45 came anywhere near the G100 in range, speed or payload.:confused:

Curious what the "mission" was? I didn't realize the LR45 came anywhere near the G100 in range, speed or payload.:confused:

You are correct about range.

It was Hot/ High. The customer had several 6000 ft msl runways that were 6000 ft or less in length. The Kicker was the 35C temps. The salesmen would always say that it would not get that hot there, but I had seem it 3 times, so that is where I set the bar. We almost got stuck in the Beechjet. And of course I could only go about 45 mins in the Beechjet.

Trip Length was 1000 nm with 8-9 pax. I let each manufacturer run the numbers on their own plane to make it fair. The 45XR was the only one that could do it. The straight 45 would not, the G100/150 would not and the 800XP could not go much further than the Beechjet.

I tried to discuss the Falcon 50 which would have done best, but the buyer said " Aint that the effing French thang?" so I left that one off the table.

They bought the 45XR.

Where does it get to be 95 F. at 6,000 ft. MSL?

Anyway, with the trouble-free entry into service that the Lear 45 has enjoyed and the absence of any subsequent significant maintenance problems, I'm sure you're clients will be happy with their purchase.

GV.

Riiiight, whatever makes you and your sales guys feel better about your narrow cabin, ultra long range aircraft. Nothing Gulfcream makes comes close to the CL300, for example. Proud of your G200? G150? G100? G-450? The GLobal 5000 is cleaning up on that market as well. Despite what you believe, corporations willing to spend $45 million for a executive aircraft won't be swayed by $3 million off the purchase price. A foot and a 1/2 wider cabin on a 12 hour flight makes a ton of difference. I know you wouldn't realize it hanging out in the cockpit, but the Global is quieter as well. . Bottom line is that the G550 has the SMALLEST passenger compartment of any ultra long-range jet. Let's see, what else: The G550 range at .87 is 4,800nm which compares to 5,400 nm for the GLEX XRS.
The Global 5000 vs. the G450? Too easy. How about 4,700nm at .85 vs. 3,500nm on the 450 at the same speed? Balanced field MTOW difference of 500 feet? BTW, we're all anxiously waiting for GDs answer to a wide cabin ULR aircraft. Us executive types are feeling squeezed by the gulfstream cabin and performance.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back