Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You're a professional, remove the stickers from your flight bag!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
. . . remove the stickers from your flight bag!

I was waiting for a flight when two sets of airline crews walked by. Both crews wore clean, sharp looking uniforms; both displayed personal grooming standards equal to or above any airline's requirements. Everything about these two sets of crews looked professional until they walked past my point of view and some stranger next to me asks, "Why do some pilots cover their flight bags in stickers? It looks unprofessional." I didn't want to admit it, but he was right. He was stating an obvious observation that so many of the traveling public think, but hardly say out loud.

Why do some of us feel the need to plaster our favorite ski resort, sports team, or political statement all over our flight bags? I'm just as much a fan and proud of the university I graduated from, but I wouldn't want my doctor to walk into the waiting room with a clip board covered with his alma mater's brand. Or my lawyer having his collegiate logo pasted on the side of his briefcase next to the sticker sporting his favorite local microbrew.

I hear pilots at all levels complain about not getting the respect that they once had, and maybe that will never change. But if I'm going to represent the commerical airline industry as a pilot, I would appreciate the guy (or gal) next to me looking some what professional. In addition to many other things, not having stickers covering their entire flight bag would be a good start.

Grandfather who flew B-17s (35 missions) in WWII and later flew for Pan-Am, had a number of "fun" stickers on his suitcase to include one of Snoopy flying his doghouse. One of the best parts of his job was pax coming up to him saying they loved his stickers.

I've noticed of the FO's I fly with, those who have the most stickers tend to have their own "style" of doing things. It borders on poor technique sometimes and annoys me to no end. The pros are low-key, well spoken, calm, and don't stand out with idiotic cusomization of their luggage.

You don't see Emirates, Lufthansa or United pilots with the "DMB", "Vail", "Terrorist Hunting Permit", nor the prolific "Mile High Club...Giggity" stickers, do you? Nope. I've had FO's doing walk-arounds with Jamba Juice in their hands, cell phones, etc. There is an issue with professionalism at the regionals, and you can't blame it entirely on age.

And those AirFrance pilots with no stickers on their flight bags had no idea what the 330 was doing from 350 to impact.

My stickers stay!!!!...I truly do .... "...wish I was Driving a Titleist"

really...this is a topic here? wow...slow news day

mookie

Cracked me up when I was at Comair and saw guys with a 747 sticker on their bag. Ask them, "Who did you fly the 74 for?" "Nobody, I just like them!"

Oh.. I had stickers on my bag for airplanes I had actually flown. Silly me.

Comair has a transgendered shemale pilot walking around... That's unprofessional no matter what kind of stickers it has on its bag.

My doctor walks in the room with a "Lavitra" clip board and an "Ambien" pen... It reflects on me personally and I'm fine with it.

TFAYD is the ONLY sticker an XJT'er needs on their bag.

But somebody needs to make "it doesn't matter how we got here", "cost competitive", "Industry Standard", etc etc etc..........

The SureJet stickers made by the ORD CA are priceless.

TFAYD is the ONLY sticker an XJT'er needs on their bag.

The SureJet stickers made by the ORD CA are priceless.

They need to advertise. I would put either of them on my truckboattruck.
Not on my flight bag. I dont think there is enough surface area remaining that isnt tore up....... Besides, that would be unprofessional.

Latest resources

Back