Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You're a professional, remove the stickers from your flight bag!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

3GRNDWN

You're a professional . . .

. . . remove the stickers from your flight bag!

I was waiting for a flight when two sets of airline crews walked by. Both crews wore clean, sharp looking uniforms; both displayed personal grooming standards equal to or above any airline's requirements. Everything about these two sets of crews looked professional until they walked past my point of view and some stranger next to me asks, "Why do some pilots cover their flight bags in stickers? It looks unprofessional." I didn't want to admit it, but he was right. He was stating an obvious observation that so many of the traveling public think, but hardly say out loud.

Why do some of us feel the need to plaster our favorite ski resort, sports team, or political statement all over our flight bags? I'm just as much a fan and proud of the university I graduated from, but I wouldn't want my doctor to walk into the waiting room with a clip board covered with his alma mater's brand. Or my lawyer having his collegiate logo pasted on the side of his briefcase next to the sticker sporting his favorite local microbrew.

I hear pilots at all levels complain about not getting the respect that they once had, and maybe that will never change. But if I'm going to represent the commerical airline industry as a pilot, I would appreciate the guy (or gal) next to me looking some what professional. In addition to many other things, not having stickers covering their entire flight bag would be a good start.

Last edited:
I have a handful on mine currently. I like stickers on my bag..... But I agree, it's not professional at all. Start by telling alpa to quit wasting dues on "Crewpass now" etc stickers that accomplish absolutely nothing.

How about we just get Ipads and ditch the bags altogether.

Yeah I get no respect cuz I have a sticker on my bag. puleez....

I want the lady who is 400# wearing flip flops, Tank top, sweat pants to judge me based on my luggage....

whatever..

I hear pilots at all levels complain about not getting the respect that they once had, and maybe that will never change. But if I'm going to represent the commerical airline industry as a pilot, I would appreciate the guy (or gal) next to me looking some what professional. In addition to many other things, not having stickers covering their entire flight bag would be a good start.

Yeah, cuz back in the glory days they NEVER had stickers on their bags.

Because, in a profession where uniformity and conformity is standard, both in dress and actions, the individual within that uniform begs to show his/her individualism. This is one of the few ways that a crew member can do this (barrel rolls on short final being generally frowned upon, no matter how well you can perform them).

This would have been easily explained and understood by the passenger if someone took the time to point it out to them in a non-confrontational, educational manner.

A little individualism goes a long way to making a person happy and healthy.

Yeah I get no respect cuz I have a sticker on my bag. puleez....

I want the lady who is 400# wearing flip flops, Tank top, sweat pants to judge me based on my luggage....

whatever..

She is oblivious,but what about that guy in a $1000 suit? Oh!!! You look so fine!!

You reflect on you, your company, your profession. Grow up.

"Oh, I want more PAY".

Earn it!

Is not so much having stickers as it is poor taste in stickers sometimes, I've seen everything from a big marihuana leaf to stick figures banging to I'm a drunk, alcoholics go to meetings etc. etc. I don't see anything bad in self expression, but you are in a professional environment now, not a college dorm, is about time you start expressing yourself as an adult.

Latest resources

Back