Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You're a professional, remove the stickers from your flight bag!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess if I wanted to "express myself" I could get some pieces of flair.
flair%5B1%5D.jpg

Stickers in your flight case?

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

Nevermind pilots at every level that don't know how to iron, have pit stains, a belly hanging over their belt, talk on the radio like a trucker, swear like a sailor in public, wear a backpack/iPod/bluetooth everywhere, etc...the real issue is bag stickers.

I'm guessing the next professional faux pax we'll read about is ID lanyards...

. . . remove the stickers from your flight bag!

I was waiting for a flight when two sets of airline crews walked by. Both crews wore clean, sharp looking uniforms; both displayed personal grooming standards equal to or above any airline's requirements. Everything about these two sets of crews looked professional until they walked past my point of view and some stranger next to me asks, "Why do some pilots cover their flight bags in stickers? It looks unprofessional." I didn't want to admit it, but he was right. He was stating an obvious observation that so many of the traveling public think, but hardly say out loud.

Why do some of us feel the need to plaster our favorite ski resort, sports team, or political statement all over our flight bags? I'm just as much a fan and proud of the university I graduated from, but I wouldn't want my doctor to walk into the waiting room with a clip board covered with his alma mater's brand. Or my lawyer having his collegiate logo pasted on the side of his briefcase next to the sticker sporting his favorite local microbrew.

I hear pilots at all levels complain about not getting the respect that they once had, and maybe that will never change. But if I'm going to represent the commerical airline industry as a pilot, I would appreciate the guy (or gal) next to me looking some what professional. In addition to many other things, not having stickers covering their entire flight bag would be a good start.

What a moron. You paid $10 for that?

Maybe someone should make a sticker that says "Regional First Officers make $23,000 a year. Enjoy your $99 ticket, and keep whining about the service".

The flight bag is just the past several decade's version of MySpace or Facebook, look at me, look at how comical, sophisticated, whimsical and witty I am, I am so unique...

She is oblivious,but what about that guy in a $1000 suit? Oh!!! You look so fine!!

You reflect on you, your company, your profession. Grow up.

"Oh, I want more PAY".

Earn it!

I reflect just fine on myself, company and profession. In addition to that I realize a sticker on your luggage has nothing to do with professionalism. Back to my sandbox....

..I wouldn't want my doctor to walk into the waiting room with a clip board covered with his alma mater's brand. Or my lawyer having his collegiate logo pasted on the side of his briefcase next to the sticker sporting his favorite local microbrew..

Why do pilots always compare their professionalism to doctors and lawyers? At one point in history that might have been an accurate comparison but not in todays age.
Here is what makes doctors and lawyers professionals. Advanced degrees, high pay, and treated like professionals from their employers/customers.
Here is what makes being a pilot not even close. Requires a high school diploma, Pay is comparable to a NYC bus driver, treated like a bus driver by employers/customers.
You are a mass transit provider. Stop putting yourself on a pedestal.

Here is what makes being a pilot not even close. Requires a high school diploma, Pay is comparable to a NYC bus driver, treated like a bus driver by employers/customers.
You are a mass transit provider. Stop putting yourself on a pedestal.

Maybe it's because people are paying money to put their lives in your hands. When city buses crash, a few people get hurt. When airplanes crash (at least in the public mind) everyone suffers a fiery end. At least doctors and lawyers can only screw up one at a time.

But don't worry, doctors are taking the hit now too. But wait, it's about to get much worse in about 16 months if things don't change. And ask any new lawyer about the job market now. But, hey, that lawyer shortage is right around the corner.

Hate to break it to you guys but EVERYBODY profiles. It's human nature. Case in point: one poster infers the overweight lady in sweats is lazy, uneducated, unsophisticated and oblivious or uncaring in whom she entrusts her life. On the other hand, one assumes the guy in the business suit is an highly-educated, astute, and savvy professional.

Can you tell me which one is the University president on the way to cancer treatment at a prominent, specialized hospital, and which one is the pot-smoking, Taco Bell assistant manager coming home from his/her mother's funeral? Which one is worthy of feeling confident that the person in whom they are about to entrust their life is a professional?

Last edited:
this is the problem with pilots in general; our industry is in dire staights. So many importaint things on the table to discuss, and we are talking about stickers....really?

That's funny that you believe that. Keep raising that pedestal.

This is why we shouldn't gripe about the bar constantly being lowered. We keep insisting that it be even lower.

Sorry, but I've never really enjoyed limbo.

Latest resources

Back