Your Top 10 Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Note-My list changes about every 6 months, and it's radically different now than in 2000 (I think UAL was #1 then). If I'm not hired in 6 months, I'm sure it will change again.

1-Gulfstream (not an airline)-My first choice-a longshot.

1.1-FedEx Problems: Not hiring. No family travel benefits. May be bought out and taken private, which could make it worse for the employees. Will they go to UAVs before I retire?
Double commute to MEM for me.

2-UPS Problems: Not hiring now. No family travel benefits. Don't treat their employees great, like I think they should. On the other hand, who cares at their pay rates? Will they go to UAVs before I retire?
Double commute to SDF.

3-DAL Problems: Pay isn't great. All the old guys left. Will I get furloughed or Chapter 7d before I retire? Will they merge with NWA (if they hire me, I hope so)?
Double commute unless I get CVG/MSP/DTW.

4-NWA Problems: Not hiring yet. Pay isn't great. Don't treat their employees great. Will I get furloughed or Chapter 7d before I retire? Will they merge with DAL?
FANTASTIC basing choices for me.

5-AA Problems: Not hiring. Pay isn't great. Don't treat their employees great. Will I get furloughed or Chapter 7d before I retire?
ORD is a good base for me.

6-CAL Problems: Pay isn't great. Will I get furloughed or Chapter 7d before I retire?
Double commute, unless I get Guam-then what???

7-Alaska Problems: Need about 100 hours of FW time. Pay isn't great. Will I get furloughed or Chapter 7d before I retire?
Long double commute.

8-AirTran Problems: Pay isn't great. Don't treat their employees great. Will I get furloughed or Chapter 7d before I retire? Will they merge with Midwest, and if not, how do they keep making money?
Double commute.

9-Emirates Problems: Need about 100 hours of TT. Will my CEO like Dubai?

10-NetJets Problems: No home basing. No family travel. Pay isn't great. Will I get furloughed or Chapter 7d before I retire?
Triple commute.

11-USAir Problems: Lots.
Double commute.
12-SWA Problems: I'm worried about pay concessions/furloughs and stagnation. Will I get furloughed or Chapter 7d before I retire?
Double commute.
13-Spirit Problems: Pay isn't great. Will I get merged/furloughed/Chapter 7d before I retire?
DTW is a good base for me.
14-Frontier Problems: Pay isn't great. Will I get merged/furloughed/Chapter 7d before I retire?
Double commute.
15-UAL Problems: Not hiring. Pay isn't great. Morale at an all-time low. Management's ONLY plan is to merge and get a fantastic bonus for it as they leave. Will I get merged/furloughed/Chapter 7d before I retire?
ORD is good.
16-Midwest Problems: Idiot management. ALL of Wall Street said the stock was overpriced at $6, and the company would go Chapter 7 if they didn't merge. Offered $15 by AirTran to merge and didn't take it.
MKE a GREAT commute.
17-ACMI operators Problems: ACMI+.
18-Japan Contract Problems: Nightmare commute.
19-Cathay: Problems: Don't want to live/train in Hong Kong. Will I get merged/furloughed/Chapter 7d before I retire?
Double commute unless ORD.

cliff
YIP

Last edited:
Mesa is #1

My favorite airline is the one who sends me a paycheck until I get ready to retire and pays my retirement like they promised to when I do retire.

Right now, I hope that's FedEx.

Ask me in 25 years or so.

Hi!

Note-My list changes about every 6 months, and it's radically different now than in 2000 (I think UAL was #1 then). If I'm not hired in 6 months, I'm sure it will change again.

1-Gulfstream (not an airline)-My first choice-a longshot.

1.1-FedEx Problems: Not hiring. No family travel benefits. May be bought out and taken private, which could ..........Don't want to live/train in Hong Kong. Will I get merged/furloughed/Chapter 7d before I retire?
Double commute unless ORD.

cliff
YIP

How come JetBlue didn't even make the list? We aren't that bad. :0

Alaska...always thought the 737 combi flying they did out of ANC was interesting,especially when they used to serve Dutch Harbor and Purdhoe Bay.

Flying Tigers...especially if you flew there when Bob Prescott ran the place and the guys who flew P40's with the original Tigers of WW2 fame were still flying the line. Quite the corporate history.

Pacific Southwest Airlines...the original from San Diego not the commuter going by the same name today. San Diego domicile ,Boeings up and down the California coast and Flight Attendants in hot pants and Mini-skirts during the height of the sexual revolution.:nuts: It doesn't get any better than that!!

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Hi!

I was very interested in JetBlue. Then, I kept hearing how it was basically non-commutable, and it's 2 legs for me. I also don't get the 5 year thing-how guys can get let go after 5 years at the whim of the company (not sure if this info is correct).

Then, after the meltdown this spring, I was not impressed.

Maybe I'm wrong-I've been wrong about 10m times before. Is JetBlue as good as/better than the majors???

cliff
YIP

PS-We have one guy at JB. I didn't know him well, as he flew the "big" planes.

B6 can't be any worse than NORTHWORST. Imho, we will be back in ch11 within a year, at that point broken up with freight division and slots sold to one of the big 3(fedex,ups,astar/abx) and the pacific pax sold to either AA,DAL or maybe USAir. I have never seen the moral any lower,even during the lockout in 98. This mgmt team has absolutly no clue nor care to run a quality airline. The thing that bothers me the most is they should have just broken this pos up during bankruptcy and got it over with instead of the charade of A NEW DAY AT NWA, because it is not the SAME OLD ******************** it is worse.

Last edited:
Heavy international cargo to domestic narrowbody passenger?

Why the sudden change of direction from #5 to #6? Is there something in particular about the world's highest paid 737 operator that you find appealing?

If I were going to work for a US pax airline, that would definitely be my pick. I love the culture there and I like the idea of work hard when you're there, and have a good amount of time off. The pay is definitely good, and I think the company treats it's employees quite well. I have a family friend that is a captain there, and he is quite happy.

box

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back