Your Top 10 Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Swaayze

ATPCliff's spreadsheet made me curious. What are your top 10 (or more if you like) airlines, in order? Why? Have they changed significantly since 9/11?

Without signifcant thought so far mine are:

1. American

Because we live in Fort Worth, won't move and commuting sucks, and they have long been my primary goal.

2. Southwest

See first reason and throw in that they evidently know how to treat people right.

3. American Eagle

Currently a lineholder living in domicile; good enough as long as I can pay the bills and put up with being in the FO seat.

4. USAirways

Because I already have a number there, but probably not for long.

5+ are now missing because of commuting and because I fear they just aren't worth it anymore.

1. Southwest
2. Southwest
3. Southwest
4. Southwest
5. Southwest
6. Southwest
7. Southwest
8. Southwest
9 Southwest
10. ASA ( just kidding)

1. Hooters Air
2. Hooters Air
3. Hooters Air
4. etc.

Top 10 to work for or to fly on? I'd work for Southwest, but I don't particularly care to fly in the back. I'd have to say the rest for work and all to fly in the back are foreign airlines unless you include Fedex and UPS to fly for. The US carriers have a hideous product for the customers and most have a hideous furlough and/ or reduced benefits and pay history.

Looking back in time in this order around 1964-69

Pan Am
TWA
WAL-CAL
AA-UAL
DAL
BNF-EAL
FTL
PSA

FedX, UPS, SWA not even on the radar yet. My how things can change. Hold that thought as you grab hold of this volitile career path. Many have gone before you so listen and learn from others misfortune and maybe, just maybe you will be lucky enough to dodge the silver bullet that has struck so many others before you.

Good Luck in whatever you choose!

ups was on the radar- just didn't have their own airline/fleet, yet.

ups was on the radar- just didn't have their own airline/fleet, yet.

Got news for you Johnny, UPS was no where in sight in 1969. It was not even a public company much less an airline or using a dedicated airlines like Orion for it's services. Just happened to sit in a meeting with all the UPS folks in early 1980 when they were trying decide what was their next avaition move and at that hour they had no avaition, in-house cpability. As they say, the rest is history.

Of course the rest is history and good for them as they have done a great job as far as the customer is concerned. Wait for the UPS guy to arrive as I write this.

1 UPS

2 FedEx

3 Southwest

4 Delta

5 American

6 United

7 jetBlue

8 GoJets

9 SkyBus

100 CAL

Latest resources

Back