• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your First Car

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah man! Two cars later it was the 70 GTO Judge!!! Ram Air 4, 400, 4-speed. All original. Stupid, I sold it and 4 days later the dipshiite wrapped it around a tree...cried for a week...

1969 Volkswagen Bug. Custom-painted the same as my favorite shirt at the time, peach.. Yes, peach, not pink, peach. Hey, this was the '80s, and I was 15 1/2.

I bought for $200. It was yellow with alot of primer on it. I put in a new interior, including a headliner. I replaced the panel and all instruments. I took off the running boards and replaced them with aluminum louvered running boards. I took off the bumbers and put on T-bars. I put eyebrows over the headlights. My dad cut the strut strings for me and we lowered the front. Custom wheels. We cut out a portion of the top and put on a ragtop. it was the only way I had to connect with my dad, so we spent ALOT of time on it.

It ended up being featured in Hot VDubs in 1988. I sold it that year when I went off to college for $2500.

Grey 80 GMC 1/2 ton purchased in 1982. Had the big leaf springs in the rear so it was a "heavy half" with the rear taller than the front.

I tricked it up with:

Astroturf for the floor
brush guard with driving lights
painted the grill black
headers
28" glasspacks with chrome megaphones infront of the rear tires
cb with dual antennas
gun rack
saddle blanket seat covers
chrome american racing wheels
am/fm/8 track with a full stable of Quite Riot/ACDC/Ozzy
plastic Copenhagen spitter on the dash

I did get much better acquainted with the special areas of a few young ladies in that truck.

First car was a '69 Camaro SS project
427 alum block, Holly 1050 double pumper, Muncie 4sp, big cam to where it almost wouldn't idle. I could bark the tires at 80 going into 4th gear. Took my father and I almost a year to complete it (finished it just before my 16th birthday). That car got me into a TON of trouble.

Received my drivers license in Apr of '90, had my license suspended in May of '90 for excessive points, father sold said car in June of '90 when my little brother told him I hit 140 mph on I-25 south of Denver on our way to Castle Rock (where I lived at the time)

Man I miss that car.

Last edited:
1995 Saab 900S hunter green with tan interior 4 door. Looked nice but was always in the shop, there were way too many **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** service issues.

Well, call me spoiled, but my first car is/was a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 :D Had 47K when I got it at 16, 4 years later it now has 111k and is pretty beat, but still runs good and gets me around.

1942 Ford Jeep (the Ford company liscense built tham cause Willys'-Overland couldn't build enough). But I sold it before I got it restored completely (or before I knew what it was worth!). That was when I was 12.

Right now, I've got a 1991 Toyota Pickup and it's the first vehicle I bought that I could actually drive. It's actually parked inside the shop at home for my brother to drive it enough to keep it fresh, but Lord help him if he puts a scratch on it. :)

But I've also got a "few" old Dodges, and the beautiful 1949 White you see to the left. Hopefully one of these days I'll get home and get that one running. But it coasts good--if you don't need brakes! That's a 2-3 year project. I got oil control ring chunks when I drained the oil. Luckily, sitting beside it is an overhauled (30 years ago) 120A engine (the right one for that truck). 26,000 pounds pulled by 15 forward gears, 110 HP, and stopped with juice brakes.

I'm a nut!

Dan

Can't remember actual model year but the 1st one that was bought for me (for something like 1500 DEM about $900 USD at that time) in 1989 was a 14 years old BMW 315i.

The first ever car that I bought for my own money was here in the USA, a probably 1990ish or older Ford Festiva (red)with well over 200k+ miles. We loved that car after riding the bus for 2 months. It had a working A/C. We got it for $800 and sold it for $600 and it did not break down once, but I had to throw in a quart of oil after every 100-200 miles.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back