• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your First Car

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1972 Dodge Dart back in 1986. Was a great car. Gas gage didn't work so I just put $2-3 a day in it. Back then gas was probably .90 cents a gallon I'll guess. Never ran out until I let a buddy of mine drive, told him we needed gas, fell asleep and then he woke me up when we ran out :rolleyes: This was at about 2am on Route 2 in Western Mass, not a light or a soul in sight.

Mr. I.

My grandmother's 1989 Tempo. I bought it from her for a grand when I turned 16. Ignition module fried itself twice, A/C didn't work. I left it at the parents' house when I went to college. They later "donated" it to some masochist who I guess figured he'd fix it up like new. :rolleyes:

--B

'82 VW Jetta DIESEL.

51hp.
could do 40 in second gear! woo hoo!!
i remember riding in the back on vacation in '83 with the 'rents...55mph back then on I-70. accross ohio we got 60mpg.....yeah that was 10 hours on one tankful....600 miles. my knee has never been the same since i was 10.

1972 Toyota "Hi-Lux" pickup truck.

(All together now: "wow!" :D )

The most embarassing thing about it was the horn...sounded like the Road Runner. Meep-meep!

First new car: 1990 Dodge Shadow 2-door.

Birdstrike said:
What was yours?

68 Mustang - 289 auto with AC and most options.

Unfortunately, my next car was a Ford Pinto (my brother wrecked my stang).

I now drive a BMW convertible.

my first car

My first car was a 1989 BMW 635csi. EVERYTHING worked on it from the heated seats to the heated windshield nozzles. lol. was a complete money pit though, would do 140 mph with 174k miles on it and the faster you went the smoother it rode. shows what the germans know.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back