Young Middle Eastern man,Arabic Hat, flight lessons

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FracCapt said:
Having worked with them in the past.....do you REALLY want me to answer that?

Yes please! I was just going to give an opinion but if you've got real life experience, please go right ahead.

Grammer/Grammar is indeed deliciously ironik/ironic!

My eleven year old daughter flew the Challenger sim off-motion while the maintenance tech was working on it one night. I ran the flaps and gear, she did the rest, "little nose up, right bank, correct it...." I talked her through a takeoff from SFO, circled around the Bay, and a landing at OAK. Could she have flown a 757 into a building? Probably not, but give her ten more years and a few lessons it would be easy. Of course, then I'd have to ground her....

My 3-year old just loves to take a bugsmasher for a joyride on the Sim. I'll line her up for t/o and she does the rest, even intitating a positive climb/gears-up scenario. And then she has even more fun actually turning back and aiming for the tower which she hits almost every time.
Having flown with Daddy many times over, she likes to scare real passengers on real flights when we're thundering down the runway and she starts imitating a perfect "Pull Up" aural advisory.
Just thought I'd share with everyone what a 3-year old is capable of doing.
LOL

BD King said:
Like I said, nobody else knows who Mad Mike was. Most of the guys have NO idea who your avatar represents.
Ehemmm...Roger Moore's character in the Wild Geese. Forgot the name of the character. About a botched mercinary mission in Africa with a bunch of rusty veterans, or something like that. Good flick, but been a while.

Ok, what's my prize?

rumpletumbler said:
So yesterday I have this guy come in wearing his hat with Arabic lettering and wearing fatigues....he wants to know "how much to make the fly?" Anyhow.....his questions answered he goes out and climbs in his brand new BMW and heads out. I'm like "WTF is this guy thinking?" Post 9-11 he goes out in fatigues with his Arabic hat on and driving his BMW (many of the 9-11 guys drove BMW's) and inquires about flight lessons. I wanted to say "Could you be any less tactful?" "Are you really this stupid?" Anyhow.... I was amazed.......
Getting back to the original question, maybe what is needed here is a good old fashioned campaign to promote new legislature.

I would say write the media and get letters published on the opinion section of newspapers or aired during newscasts. Possibly, you could make allies with some of the special interest groups that would like to see new state and federal laws enacted in the interest of keeping the public safe from General Aviation.

Thirdly, I would start a letter writing campaign to alert your congressman or senator regarding your fears concerning the lack of security in General Aviation. You may find you have more allies there then you think.
This month, U.S. Sen. Herb Kohl, D-Wis., called general aviation a ``ticking time bomb,'' saying security is minimal or nonexistent at some small airports. ``Until we have a handle on general aviation security, we cannot assure the public that [it's] under control,'' Kohl testified at a Senate hearing.
Our legislators are only interested in the public's best interests, so would it be too much to ask of them to provide some common sense law making regarding the security threat of general aviation. With the decline of violent crimes in this country over the past 12 years, many police departments are actually facing layoffs.

Could it be possible that we could use the resulting excess in law enforcement capacity in assigning these police to airport security functions? Creating an Airport Liaison Officer Program could help keep our skies safe and police officers in jobs.

Officers in the Airport Liaison Officer Program, or ALOP, would help keep our smaller and currently unprotected airports and our skies safe, by providing passenger and pilot background checks and aircraft screening, every time a General Aviation aircraft is intending to depart an airport. These officers would be on call and required to report to the airport no later than two hours after being summoned to the airport to render public services.

In the interest of General Aviation safety, luggage as well as aircraft would be searched as would the passengers and pilot. Biometric identification technology would be used to speed up the process of identifying persons boarding aircraft and would be cross referenced to the National Crime Information Center's computers.

Since drunk and drugged pilots operating aircraft has been such a big public safety issue as of late, the ALOP officer would administer breathalyzer testing before the departure of all General Aviation flight as well. In the event that time is not an issue, the ALOP officer could administer field sobriety tests as well. Drug testing would be at the discretion of the ALOP officer and will be administered based on acceptible and certified profile detection methods.

Once the ALOP officer has screened the General Aviation aircraft and passengers, the ALOP officer will assist the pilot in ensuring safety of flight by determining the airworthyness of the aircraft and it's appliances, ensuring that navigation charts and aircraft navigation databases are up to date and reviews the pilot's flight planning and navigation course before endorsing the pilot's flight plan for approval and issuing the required flight release.

Last edited:
FN FAL said:
Getting back to the original question, maybe what is needed here is a good old fashioned campaign to promote new legislature.

I would say write the media and get letters published on the opinion section of newspapers or aired during newscasts. Possibly, you could make allies with some of the special interest groups that would like to see new state and federal laws enacted in the interest of keeping the public safe from General Aviation.

Thirdly, I would start a letter writing campaign to alert your congressman or senator regarding your fears concerning the lack of security in General Aviation. You may find you have more allies there then you think.
Our legislators are only interested in the public's best interests, so would it be too much to ask of them to provide some common sense law making regarding the security threat of general aviation. With the decline of violent crimes in this country over the past 12 years, many police departments are actually facing layoffs.

Could it be possible that we could use the resulting excess in law enforcement capacity in assigning these police to airport security functions? Creating an Airport Liaison Officer Program could help keep our skies safe and police officers in jobs.

Officers in the Airport Liaison Officer Program, or ALOP, would help keep our smaller and currently unprotected airports and our skies safe, by providing passenger and pilot background checks and aircraft screening, every time a General Aviation aircraft is intending to depart an airport. These officers would be on call and required to report to the airport no later than two hours after being summoned to the airport to render public services.

In the interest of General Aviation safety, luggage as well as aircraft would be searched as would the passengers and pilot. Biometric identification technology would be used to speed up the process of identifying persons boarding aircraft and would be cross referenced to the National Crime Information Center's computers.

Since drunk and drugged pilots operating aircraft has been such a big public safety issue as of late, the ALOP officer would administer breathalyzer testing before the departure of all General Aviation flight as well. In the event that time is not an issue, the ALOP officer could administer field sobriety tests as well. Drug testing would be at the discretion of the ALOP officer and will be administered based on acceptible and certified profile detection methods.

Once the ALOP officer has screened the General Aviation aircraft and passengers, the ALOP officer will assist the pilot in ensuring safety of flight by determining the airworthyness of the aircraft and it's appliances, ensuring that navigation charts and aircraft navigation databases are up to date and reviews the pilot's flight planning and navigation course before endorsing the pilot's flight plan for approval and issuing the required flight release.
Do I detect some sarcasm here? :) George Orwell would be proud of you FN FAL. On a serious note, I'll bet there are some clowns out here that took your post seriously. I can hear those keyboards clicking to the representatives now...

Last edited:
By using poor grammar and names like the "911 book" I am able to communicate to the lowest pilot common denominator-since we are teaching 3 year olds how to fly.

V-1 said:
So everytime we see a white male driving a Ryder truck, we should panick and run as fast as possible in the opposite direction?
This one argument that keeps popping up is misguided.

First, we have not seen multiple examples of people fitting the Oklahoma City example attacking us all over the world. In fact, we have only this one example. I don't know if we have any "eco-terrorists" that fir the description.

Second, when was the last time you saw a "Ryder" truck, other than a semi? (hint: you won't)

Turbo may be right, in that this demonstrated a level of skill that many do not possess. We do not know, however, whether others with large aircraft experience in the organization could have helped in the terrorist's training to make up for the shortcomings of sim and light aircraft responses.

After all, it DID happen.

In the end, it is still a good idea to be vigilant. The hijackers did not care if they left a legacy of those like themselves being questioned and kept under scrutiny. It wasn't a concern for them, but it is a concern for us.

Latest resources

Back