• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You want the A380 to be a failure?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope the 380 succeeds. Remember, more planes= more jobs. The same goes for the 787. Regardless of the company, jobs will be secured for thousands here in the US, and all over the world. Like someone said, these planes (Airbus/Boeing) are made all over the world, not just France or the US.

Reality

There is nothing wrong with being nationalistic. Its like rooting for your favorite sports team.

Airbus blows !!!!!!!!!!

CSY Mon said:
Tony C:

I always thought a proper Freudian slip was somehow sexually related?

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One man is telling his friend: "I had the worst Freudian Slip the other day."[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"What is a Freudian Slip?" the friend asks.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"You know, it's when you mean to say one thing, but you say something else that reveals what you are really thinking about. Like the other day I was at the airport and this really beautiful lady was helping me. Instead of asking her for 'two tickets to Pittsburgh', I asked her for 'to Pickets to Tittsburgh."[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Oh, now I know what you are talking about," the friend says, "It's like the other day when I was having breakfast with my wife. I wanted her to pass me the Orange Juice, and instead I said, 'YOU RUINED MY LIFE!'"[/font]

================= rim shot ====================

A Freudian slip is not a Jewish undergarment, but rather a verbal mistake that is thought to reveal an unconscious belief, thought, or motive. And, no, Sigismund (or Schlomo, as I prefer to call him - - his Jewish name) was not a crossdresser. He called these "faulty actions." (Well, actually I think he called them "Fehlleistung" in his native language.) We agree that they are mistakes; we get to disagree on what motivated them. Maybe sex motivates YOUR mistakes, but we don't need to discuss that, right?

I suppose my fingers were unconsciously motivated to express that trying to raise bocefus's discussion to an intelligent plain was tiring.

One more:

A Freudian slip is when you mean one thing but say your mother.

:)

CSY Mon said:
Prey tell you have no such feeling for certain members of this board..?...:D

Prey or pray, either way. Absolutely not.

And as long as my wife knows where Flightinfo is, I'll deny having those feelings for Ravengirl and ResumeWriter, too. ;)

Grumman guy said:
There is nothing wrong with being nationalistic. Its like rooting for your favorite sports team.

Airbus blows !!!!!!!!!!

In that case, GO YANKS!!!

Grumman guy said:

Airbus blows !!!!!!!!!!

All the employees of Boeing who lost their jobs to outsourcing must say the same thing.

I am glad there are two completely different planes being developed by the two leading aircraft manufacturers. All the negative said towards Airbus on this thread is a rehash of 1969 dogma about the 747. There is a lot of talk on this board about RJ's and airspace / airport congestion (meaning little planes do not help this problem). Now, if Boeing also decided to build a 747 model with a double deck all the way to the tail 5 years ago, along with plans for the 7E7, I wonder what all these anti-Airbus people would be saying about that? What I think the A-380 is going to do in a few years, is force Boeing to make a new model of 747 to compete.

If it were to fail, the A380 could become the next Concorde, a financial failure that continued to fly, but only on a few select routes.

Just a thought.

Maybe sex motivates YOUR mistakes,

You got that one right Mr. Tony C.
All my adult life has been a series of expensive mistakes motived by sex..

Now that I am getting older, the focus is more on good food, good drink and days off:D

Prey or pray, either way. Absolutely not.

Aye, finally caught doing a typo...A non-sex slip perhaps...:cool:

Who Cares...

40% of the A380 is supposedly manufactured in the US. I'm sure it will be a success. But as a passanger, I will do everything in my power to avoid flying one. I am prety sure no airline is actually going to put the spas, work out areas, bars into them as has been marketed. Instead they will cram them with 600 plus people...just what I want when flying Chicago to Hong Kong...600 - 800 smelly passangers around me and screeming kids, an hour to deplane at the end of the trip, and another hour or more waiting for luggage to be unloaded. Sounds like too much fun after sitting in a metal tube for 17+ hours, though I suppose the business class and first class will be nice, like most modern airliners.

Not sure why people get so worked up about the whole boeing v. airbus thing. Both companies receive government "aid" in one form or another. Both have more than likely offered huge discounts on models to win marketshare, and both turn out a decent product. And being a professional pilot, like most of you are, does it matter if you are getting paid the same wages to fly a boeing or an airbus? I mean, I love Apple products, but my firm only uses PC's. Maybe I should quite my job.

Shalam said:
All the employees of Boeing who lost their jobs to outsourcing must say the same thing.

I am glad there are two completely different planes being developed by the two leading aircraft manufacturers. All the negative said towards Airbus on this thread is a rehash of 1969 dogma about the 747. There is a lot of talk on this board about RJ's and airspace / airport congestion (meaning little planes do not help this problem). Now, if Boeing also decided to build a 747 model with a double deck all the way to the tail 5 years ago, along with plans for the 7E7, I wonder what all these anti-Airbus people would be saying about that? What I think the A-380 is going to do in a few years, is force Boeing to make a new model of 747 to compete.

Its by no means a certainty if there is a market for Airbus to make money on this project, let alone for Boeing to join in too. I think if Boeing had started their own design a while back that was coming out now too, it would just ensure both companies would lose their A$$es on it.

There is probably some sort of niche for the A380, but the 787 is probably going to work out better for Boeing, than the A380 will for Airbus. 787 is a far better use of Boeing R&D money than into a A380 competitor type pissing match.

McD had a MD-12 design in the mid-90s, but they decided against it.

A380 can be financially good for its owners if it is packed to the gills, but also seems to me that it could also be quite a financial liability if required load factors are not met either.

I suppose I should know this, or be able to figure it out, but what is the advantage of the 5000 psi hydraulic system? Smaller lines and actuators? Or something else?

Latest resources

Back