Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MetroSheriff

Hittin' the road...
I think there was a great thread a while back poking fun at our "regional" lifestyle. In the tradition of Jeff Foxworthy, submit your ideas....

For starters:

If your monthly bid package contains a 4 day pairing worth 13 block hours....you might be a regional pilot.

If "rig", to you, means a large truck or fishing gear.... you might be a regional pilot.

You get the idea, help me out here.:D

If you think long call reserve is two and a half hours . . . you might be a regional pilot!

If it's one A.M. and you're "on duty" at the Texarkana Motor Inn...you might be a regional pilot.

If people lean into the cockpit and ask if you're over eighteen years of age...you might be a regional pilot.

If people ask you "how long do you have to fly those before they let you fly the real ones"...you might be a regional pilot.

If your aircraft was not manufactured in this hemisphere...you might be a regional pilot.

If your idea of a great layover is a hotel that has HBO and Showtime...you might be a regional pilot.

If the guy running the metal detector makes more money than you do...you might be a regional pilot.

If you've never actually seen a "crew meal"...you might be a regional pilot.

If ATC refuses to identify you as anything other than a prop...you might be a regional pilot.

I agree to all of the above,
but the best one I heard as of lately
was while I had to Deadhead back to
ORD on UAL in a 757...

This little old lady in front on me walked
on board and she turned to me and said,
"My, this is a little plane"

Jetsnake

Regional pilotisms

If your idea of a busy airport is Prescott, you might be a regional pilot.

If your idea of a major hub is ABQ, you might be a regional pilot.

If your idea of fine dining after your shift is Pizza Hut pizza, you might be a regional pilot.

If you are 35 and live at home, you might be a regional pilot.

If your idea of a senior domicile is Farmington, you might be a regional pilot.

If you see returning Smarte Carts from the airport parking lot for the $.25 reward as a viable way to boost your earnings (16 a day would almost buy you lunch).

If you've ever hit an airport fast-food joint just after they closed to see if you can score any of the food they were going to throw out... you might be a regional pilot.

(A friend of mine did this while I was flying with him and hit the food court in Boston just after 9. He shall remain nameless...heh... but he knows who he is!)

If your family hasn't spoken to you in three weeks because you came home with food on your breath . . . . . You just might be a regional pilot!!

Also, if at a ballgame you snuck into you end up fighting over a half-eaten hot dog someone else threw away . . . . . You might be a regional crew on a layover!

If you go to the continental breakfast at the layover hotel and fill up your shopping bag to "stock up for later"...You might be a regional pilot.

Four-wheel regional pilotisms

If your car is a '78 Olds Cutlass with 90,000 miles and on the third clutch that you've had installed, and with a collapsed headliner and a steering wheel inlay that disintegrates in your hand, you might be a regional airline pilot (or a poor, new CFI!).

If your idea of perfect, dependable transportation is a '77 Chevrolet four-door, you might be a regional pilot. I saw a three-striper in uniform driving what appeared to be this car at sunrise last week - just about show time. PS- Come to think of it, it might have been a '74 or '75! :)

If your response to this post is "What car?", you might be a regional airline pilot.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back