Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You know your a dorky CRJ pilot when....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bluto said:
Oh good, the fashion police are here. Do you have any suggestions for what an appropriate outfit might be Mr. Queer Eye? Wait, let me guess, etnies, baggy, faux lived-in cargo shorts and a t-shirt with some corporate logo that someone's decided is cool. Also, depending on the weather a beanie of some sort coupled with sweet, wannabe mean-looking biker shades. Am I close? Come on, you know I am. Honestly, this is sad. I can't think of the last time a man has criticized someone's fashion choice. Don't you have anything better to do? If the guy's going to scare away your bar-skanks, ditch him. Otherwise, who cares if a gomer wants to dress like a gomer? What's worse is some loser trying to look like a cool skater/punk to fit in. Or even worse, if he changes his clothing choices because of something he read on flightinfo.

You beat me to it Bluto. What kind of sissified culture are we living in when a man has the audacity to critized the "fashion" of another man. Probably the same bunch of Metro Marys that only bring one uniform shirt on a 4 day because they need room for their hair gel, three different types of shoes (depending on how they feel that night), and mirror for checking out their spikey hairdo. Cry me a river, build a bridge and GET OVER IT

Jetscream32 said:
You beat me to it Bluto. What kind of sissified culture are we living in when a man has the audacity to critized the "fashion" of another man. Probably the same bunch of Metro Marys that only bring one uniform shirt on a 4 day because they need room for their hair gel, three different types of shoes (depending on how they feel that night), and mirror for checking out their spikey hairdo. Cry me a river, build a bridge and GET OVER IT

You tuck your belt into your pocket, don't you.

Jetscream32 said:

I'm not a metro mary saying it doesn't go with the rest of his clothes. I’m simply saying he is a dork. If you pay attention it really stands out. Now if you're rationalizing because you wear them that’s one thing. For everyone else pay attention you will see. This will come up again, with people confirming it for me.

Dodge, it has nothing to do with working out. I can work out in my GREY NB and not be a dork. Brown, Black, Grey, Blue anything but white are ok. White = Dork. And yes you are a dork!

Jetscream32 said:
build a bridge and GET OVER IT

I can’t believe you guys. I know pilots are dorks in general, but wow there is a lot here. I can’t believe no one else will point out how much of a dork you are. "Build a bridge and get over". OK. DORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I feel for the guys who tuck the belt into their pocket. You just nailed my college roommate. But he's a good guy. A dork? Maybe. But so are the vast majority of people I fly with. Seriously, the white athletic shoe thing is a new one for me. Honestly, who cares? If they're really expensive shoes, can they be white? This is stupid.

p.s. phishn@daves, like your avatar, too.

Flyingfool77 said:
You know you’re a dorky CRJ pilot that nobody wants to fly with when…..

When you wear a clip on tie.

Nope, that is when you know you no longer give a $h!t about being cool. And focus more on days off, staying comfortable and padding your block time. that is when you know you have become a real airline pilot.

Stifler's Mom said:
Well I guess it's true, ERJ guys ARE smarter than CRJ guys. :)

Woooooo......High Five!!!!

Oh and one a side note I was out buying new sneakers today and I found a cheap pair I really liked....but the where....WHITE....damm you Flightinfo for making me take 20 min to try on other pairs of shoes.

Stupid peer presure from people I dont care about.

You post a dorky diatribe about APU batteries. Then someone calls you a dork and you respond with agressive, insulting PMs. Then you proceed to post the even more flaming response telling you really how much of a dork you are. Right, Weasil?

Weasil said:
On the 145 the small backup battery provides power to the APU control (FADEC) and Batt2 provides power to the APU starter/generator for starting. This is the same idea as on the CRJ. Main batt powers the ECU and bigger APU batt cranks the starter. They just have different names for the batteries is all.

Weasil said:
you are real brave being a smart arse on an anonymous forum. I happen to be an instructor on the airplane and was trying to answer the guy's question.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back