You Just Might Be A FLOPS Pilot If ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jetsi said:
I know there are numerous rooms at the Crown in PBI that have been made FLOPS friendly.

Not anymore, I'm sure. After the hurricanes trashed the place, and then some bonehead blew up the bottom two or three floors after dropping a propane tank(think 15' long, 8' around) off of a forklift....well, the place has been closed for remodeling ever since. Looks like it may open in the next month or two, though.

You just might be a FLOPS Pilot if . . .

Your wife drives you to the airport, and out of habit you whip out your wallet and give her a couple of bucks.

You reminisce about the "good old days" when K. Ricci was CEO (even if you are ex-RTA/pro-union).

You try not to travel in uniform any more, because no one with TSA has ever heard of Flight Options or knows what a fractional is, so they give you the full body search anyway.

You avoid traveling in uniform also to avoid little old ladies coming up to you at airport terminals demanding to know why their flight to London on British Airways is being delayed.

You are picking up stock items at a supermarket (in uniform) and someone asks "Excuse me, do you work here? I can't find the canned peas." (Actually happened to me. I found the peas for her!).

(Sorry if I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but keeping our sense of humor is important in view of recent developments.)

You know you're a frac pilot if you've switched from wearing boxers to briefs so you can get more clothes in your suitcase.

You might be a FLOPS pilot if

you consider sitting on the pot at 0400, while brushing your teeth and using the Blackberry - Multi-Tasking.

TurboHonda said:
you consider sitting on the pot at 0400, while brushing your teeth and using the Blackberry - Multi-Tasking.

Now THAT is so true.

However, I think drinking your coffee while sitting on the can and filing on flightplan.com on your berry is the pinnacle. Added points for talking to dispatch on the convieniently placed hotel phone while dropping the chalupa ... "yeah I guess we can do that if GRRRRRNNNTT some of the pax are kids..."

Last edited:
You might be a FLOPS pilot if

you finish up on day 8 at your old Tier 3 Domicile and have to airline to your new Tier 1 Domicile to get your car.

leardawg said:
Your wife drives you to the airport, and out of habit you whip out your wallet and give her a couple of bucks.

LOL!! man thats funny. Im a FLOPS mechanic and I actually have been offered tips by you guys. I have more fun meeting you guys at the plane and just shootin the $hit with you. I guess I just try to lighten the load. I see what you guys go through. I think you guys are great!! :)

I fly corporate with a guy who was at FLOPS fora long time and I did not believe the stories he would tell me until I read this post....LOL...I cant believe our profession has come to this, I trully thought my friend was greatly exagerating the sheer obsurdity that goes on daily at a FLOPS..but this is the funniest thread I have ever read.

Around this time of year, you can't decide between bringing your leather jacket or wind-breaker. Inevitably, you have one tour where you make the wrong decision ( -20 wind chill in Jackson Hole = wearing windbreaker, or lugging the leather one around and not wearing it once).

Same goes for packing suitcase (stuck in PBI several days @ 85F with winter clothes and 1 "street" T-shirt, or stuck in APA for several days @ 35F with said T-shirt, shorts and flip-flops)

You've gone back to part-time flight instructing to supplement your income (and remember what flying was like back when it was fun and enjoyable!)

You have a kink in your neck from throwing back your head in laughter every time the call goes out for overtime volunteers (as you do the Jim Carey/Ace Ventura laugh :" AHH YEPYEPYEPYEPYEPYEPYEP!")

". . .if you've ever pitted out a shirt in the process of unloading 60" suitcases from the lav in the summer while the lineman that just stepped out of the shiny air-conditioned Lexus gets ANOTHER $50."

I hear ya brother!! I hate that!!! (I fly charter)

FD

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back