You go ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crash pad,

Ok, so since Delta is losing hundreds of millions of dollars each quarter, and since they MAY be filing for bankruptcy in the near future, and even though my company, ASA, is very profitable, I should tell my CNC to go ahead and give in to whatever management wants in our contract including paycuts (from our present contract signed in 1998). Ok, that makes alot of sense.
Lets see Skip, and Chuck and some of those guys make a little sacrifice.

And if you knew anything about our negotiations then you would know that most of what we are fighting for would have very little impact on our airline economically. Most of the changes we want are in areas such as scheduling, vacation, sick leave, etc...

And as far as Mesa or somebody buying us and enforcing paycuts on us or taking our flying, then I say you dont know the solidarity of this pilot group. It would be a very bad day for the shareholders of Mesa, Skywest, or whoever buys us (not to mention big D) when 150 planes get parked overnight.

And as for myself, its pretty sad that my neighbor makes more money than I working at Home Depot than I do after 4 years here. Yep, I can afford a paycut.

Crash Pad, I bet you are one of those guys that have a "WILL FLY FOR FOOD" t-shirt in your closet.

Just my .02$

Identity Revealed!!!!!

CrashPad = Chuck Thibideaux

Crash Pad,

One more thing, you said ASA is not the cheapest. According to airlinepilotcentral.com, there only 2 regional airlines out of all of them that make less than us (at least on the CRJ-200). We are currently at the bottom of compensation and work rules.

Crash Pad said:
Ok and I'm curious... How many of you get the word out types voted for Bush. I'm sure most if not all of you. If memory serves me right and some Great Lakes pilots might be able to help with this... The national mediation board is apointed by the President... Three people if I'm correct... Since W is in office it is two republicans and one democrat... I'm a pro-buisness, Anti-Gay, Save the fetus, justice to Osama, and church loving republican like most pilots I know... But I wouldn't count on these people to release me to strike against a corporation.

The reason being last I checked Union money mostly goes to democrats... I may be wrong.
I love when Mind numbing libs pretending to be republicans. First off you forget all the times that democrat presidents refused to allow the unions to strike. I take for example President Grover Cleveland sent the Army to quell a rebellion by striking Pullman workers. Thirteen strikers were killed by the soldiers; union activist Eugene Debs went to jail because he refused to call a halt to the American Railway Workers' strike in Chicago. Most recently The Gore report recommended exempting federal contracts up to $100,000 from the Davis-Bacon Act and the Service Contracting Act. The unions have been in the pockets if the dimwit partly longer that you have graced this planet with your presence (at least since 1922). The example that is quoted to ad-nosem of a republican not allowing a strike is when President Reagan fired the striking controllers his stance was that government workers are public servants and if they are there to serve the public fine but if you are there to get all that you can at the public feeding trough and when it does not satisfy your insatiable desire you are going to strike. This was a reference to Government workers only; he further said that in the private sector that is something to be dealt with among the involved parties. Also if I remember my history correct it was a president from the jacka$$ party that interjected the government into the mix and the power to not allowing the unions to strike. so until you are ready to get your facts strait and stop drinking the kool-aid at that stupid fat white mans stand pipe down.

Where can you find out the kind of things our negoiation team is asking for in the new contract?

I think we desperately need duty rigs! Last month I flew 4 day trips (actually, 2 2-days). Day 1: 3 legs, 2: 1 leg home, 3: 5 legs, and 4: 1 leg home. I thought it was an easy schedule but it is also way inefficient.

First day of the month, integration: deadheaded to SHV and flew the flight back to ATL. The F/O that I replaced DH back. He was perfectly legal to do the trip. He even called scheduling to which they responded "oh well."

I have talked with 4 different people whose schedule this month has a 3 to 4 hour break in the middle of their day.

The company is crying about be under staffed... much of these problems could be fixed with some descent scheduling. With all the airlines, you would think someone would have some software or at least the knowledge to build efficient schedules. I am sure it is a little more complicated than I realize but I do think it could be done better.

Does anyone know the things we are asking for in our contract???

No Delay said:
Does anyone know the things we are asking for in our contract???

You can read the session briefings posted on the ALPA website to get a pretty good idea. They don't post what they're actually looking to get, mainly not to give management any more ammo than they need.

Delta will be on the phone to Washington to arrange an intervention should ASA pilots threaten to shut down Atlanta. It's going to get ugly folks... I'm ready- are you?

We are literally years away from being released by the NMB, so don't hold your breath.

At least it's fun to watch the company squirm with the self-generated pilot shortages. Our brilliant leadership team is hurting the company more than we ever could.

:rolleyes: Hey Crash...I mean Chuck...Shut it!! Its people like you that we don't need to hear from at anytime. I am sick of hearing all of your yammering! Just go back to sleep and spare us the horse$hit!!

:mad: Chuck....

You must be one of those commie loving bast@rds that feels like we should all stand around and sing "Kum-bai-yah" while people target this great Nation! Atleast "W" had the b@lls to make a stand where as Kerry would have been content to "kiss and make up!"

Latest resources

Back