Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta is filing BK and WE need to tell the public

ATL-Augusta NEW HIRE makes 13 dollars

CAB in ATL-Buckhead 45.00--where would you feel safer..

Need to start buying spots in the ATL on the poster boards there..like Co Express did and eagle...we need to start adversting ALPA--

they are getting as bad as the company!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:Thats right folks, we need to get the word out! Come On ALPA, get some things moving! We need to advertise just like CX and Eagle! Contract NOW!!

Maybe I'm missing something... You all realise big D is going to bankruptcy. When this happens the first thing the judge does is put all the feed up for bid... Mesa, CHQ, all the boys come to town and take a crack. You all are sweating ALPA and a contract. You should be thinking about being the most efficient company in the nation and maybe you get to keep your jobs.

I know... can't happen to me.... We're wholly owned, Delta wouldn't shut down the Atlanta feeder, Mesa won't take my job, we're making millions, somebody has to fly these jets, or my favorite ALPA wouldn't let that happen.

A word to the wise and maybe some ACA, Air Whiskey, and even Mesa pilots can back me up on this. Bankruptcy is business... Business is ruthless... These people have one job in the world and that is to make money for share holders if someone can do your job cheaper that is the end of the discussion... Last I checked ASA is not the best looking or cheapest regional on the planet.

Crash Pad said:
Maybe I'm missing something... You all realise big D is going to bankruptcy. When this happens the first thing the judge does is put all the feed up for bid... Mesa, CHQ, all the boys come to town and take a crack. You all are sweating ALPA and a contract. You should be thinking about being the most efficient company in the nation and maybe you get to keep your jobs.

I know... can't happen to me.... We're wholly owned, Delta wouldn't shut down the Atlanta feeder, Mesa won't take my job, we're making millions, somebody has to fly these jets, or my favorite ALPA wouldn't let that happen.

A word to the wise and maybe some ACA, Air Whiskey, and even Mesa pilots can back me up on this. Bankruptcy is business... Business is ruthless... These people have one job in the world and that is to make money for share holders if someone can do your job cheaper that is the end of the discussion... Last I checked ASA is not the best looking or cheapest regional on the planet.

Spoken like a true sheep.

I know "it can happen here," but at what point do you stop prostituting yourself and take a stand? If other has done this earlier, we wouldn't be confronted with this threat.

No, if standing up for a decent contract means losing my job--so be it. The alternative makes this job not worth the effort IMHO.

I doubt Comair and ASA are going to lose much feed to the contract carriers. United doesn't own any regional carriers, so they can burn bridges with loyal partners left and right (ACA and AWAC come to mind). Delta owns two, and guaranteed feed is the ONLY thing that would make either one of them even halfway viable to spin-off.

BoilerUP said:
I doubt Comair and ASA are going to lose much feed to the contract carriers. United doesn't own any regional carriers, so they can burn bridges with loyal partners left and right (ACA and AWAC come to mind). Delta owns two, and guaranteed feed is the ONLY thing that would make either one of them even halfway viable to spin-off.

Glad you brought that up... Big D sells ASA to say Mesa... I'm sure Mesa would take the ASA contract to the wood shed and suddenly the pilot group could find out how bad a contract can get.
Maybe skywest buys ASA... I'm pretty convinced the "get the word out stuff" would really quickly turn to "screw the contract and save my seniority."
Maybe we stay wholly owned because there isn't a whole lot of investors who want an airline that can't run a schedule, can't connect a bag, and complete these two feats for an airline that is in the toilet.

I know... Won't happen to us Mesa doesn't have the funding, capital or desire to take on a flagship carrier like ASA.
Can't happen skywest wouldn't dare take on the mighty power of ALPA, or my favorite... If Delta declares BK they won't touch our contract the concessions wouldn't even make a dent.

Again these people are ruthless they get bonuses based on performance and profits they would fire all of us in a heart beat and bring in the chinese for minimum wage if they could.

Palerider957 said:
Spoken like a true sheep.

I know "it can happen here," but at what point do you stop prostituting yourself and take a stand? If other has done this earlier, we wouldn't be confronted with this threat.

No, if standing up for a decent contract means losing my job--so be it. The alternative makes this job not worth the effort IMHO.

OK now we're going to play the sheep hold the line garbage. Boy United really kicked some management A$$... Ran the slow down got a huge contract... Then came the old BK... huge furlough, sorry about the pension, and whoops lets take a look at the pay and work rules here for a minute I think we might have to make some amendments.

USAir guys really kicked some management A$$ in there last contract. Then the BK came etc...

You all want to win... Do it better than the other guy period. Complete flights, run on time, connect bags, and do it all cheaper than any other carrier. You will get more aircraft and in the event of a BK someone will want you to do there feeding. Sure I'm a sheep and may get slaughtered... but the idea of getting a new contract out of a company that lost 300 million is a little redicoulous.

Tomct said:
:mad:Thats right folks, we need to get the word out! Come On ALPA, get some things moving! We need to advertise just like CX and Eagle! Contract NOW!!

Ok and I'm curious... How many of you get the word out types voted for Bush. I'm sure most if not all of you. If memory serves me right and some Great Lakes pilots might be able to help with this... The national mediation board is apointed by the President... Three people if I'm correct... Since W is in office it is two republicans and one democrat... I'm a pro-buisness, Anti-Gay, Save the fetus, justice to Osama, and church loving republican like most pilots I know... But I wouldn't count on these people to release me to strike against a corporation.

The reason being last I checked Union money mostly goes to democrats... I may be wrong.

Hey Crash Pad,

Who do you work for? I'm just curious. Also, we can play your game until we all make minimum wage except for the exec's of course. This job will not be worth having if we follow your lead. If our contract (ASA) is not industry leading, then I will vote NO! Pure and simple.

Crash Pad said:
You all want to win... Do it better than the other guy period. Complete flights,

Out of our control.

run on time,

Out of our control, however I don't think there's a single pilot out there that's content being late. Obviously we're going to try our best to be on time, but there are times that you just can't help it. Scheduled 20 minute turns at places like MEM and 30 minute turns at MSP and YYZ don't help matters at all. Management has gone to great lengths to keep pilots out of the line construction arena, and this is the result. I've done 4-day trips where I've only been on time the first leg of the first day. Nobody cares.

I must say that starting 8/3 our on time percentage has probably jumped about 15% now that the pilots no longer call the times.

connect bags,

Most definitely out of our control.

and do it all cheaper than any other carrier.

If the geniuses at the puzzle palace can figure out how to pay us a livable wage, give us decent QOL and still do it cheaper than the likes of CHQ and Mesa, that's great. But I'm not going to sell myself out to win a game that's not winnable.

Latest resources

Back