• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You are out of your mind if you choose to work at NETJETS now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Hump - If this POS contract gets passed by 50% +1 you'll see lots more attrition. The double dippers, those with blue and orange interviews will take the bonus and 'amscray' That's the only thing many guys are waiting around for. The key is 50% +1 . All you guys that get hired now will only dilute the NO votes and the company knows it. They have our seniority list down pat.

V70T5 said:
now they are talking about adding a DA2000 to our fleet using netjets, because "it's cheaper to operate them"...

How come we're losing $$$ ?

Lord Wakefield said:
How come we're losing $$$ ?

Ask Birkshire that question... Fact is, with the buying power of Netjets in fuel, and mx, parts etc... and their edge in labor costs, they should be making a killing.. unless that all being funneled into BH's pockets thru the back door!

net jets or flexjets?

Hi There,

I heard about Net Jets and all nice interviews in the Discovery Channel. Also, I received an inquiry from FlexJets. Is it a good idea to acccept their offers when I just have been promoted to Chief Pilot 141 and asst cheif 135 in charge of King Air training for just over 41K a year?

Please, any commnets?

V70T5 said:
It never ceases to amaze me as to how many bottom dwellers we have in our profession... case in point, you call netjets guys cry babies right? Do you feel that $28K for FO and $39K for Captain in a jet carrying around wealthy and important people and working your ass off for 6 to 7 days off in a row is good pay??? IF so you must be some kind of Walmart trailer trash pilot who has low career expectations and a low self worth.

I for one agree that they are under paid and over worked. I work for a good corporate outfit that pays me right and gives me benifits and a great schedule, now they are talking about adding a DA2000 to our fleet using netjets, because "it's cheaper to operate them"... is that what you want for our profession?? A race to the bottom!

Do us all a favor and stick to to your pipers!
The usage of the Wal-Mart terminology is somewhat ironic. Their pilots make a h*ll of a lot more than Netjets guys flying a lot less , with WAY fewer overnights, in smaller equipment... Something to keep in mind.

Saying that Walmart a full blown FAR 91 corporate flight department, under the world's largest corporation pays better than the lowest paid pilots in the entire corporate jet world is not saying much.

Lets compare GE, IBM, Coke and BofA pilot pay with Walmart... that's more of an apples to apples.

I interviewed with WalMart a few months ago. Starting pay for Lear 31 FO was $43K, work 14 days a month, (2 which are overnights) home 80% of the time before 5:30 pm. And you will know your schedule for the whole year. Well at least that is the kool-aid I was served:)

FlightTraker

FlightTraker said:
I interviewed with WalMart a few months ago. Starting pay for Lear 31 FO was $43K, work 14 days a month, (2 which are overnights) home 80% of the time before 5:30 pm. And you will know your schedule for the whole year. Well at least that is the kool-aid I was served:)

FlightTraker

Ask them what you cap at, that the clincher.. unless you fly their global, for get about seeing a real corporate pilots pay.

Humphreybogart said:
I've been reading alot of NetJet posts and I think all the complainers are just hoping management takes pity on them and offers them a nice contract. If it is really that bad at ANY job, why don't you just leave? I would. Try flipping burgers on stocking shelves at Walmart. The reason you whining babies won't do that is because they don't have McDonalds or Walmart posting sites for you people to get on and complain about everything. (Maybe they do, I actually don't know!) Anyways, please leave NetJets so people who REALLY want to fly can get the position. Crybabies.
Future SCAB in training .... what a loser

V70T5 said:
Ask them what you cap at, that the clincher.. unless you fly their global, for get about seeing a real corporate pilots pay.
I don't think you're getting my point, WM's numbers stated here are pretty accurate. So 43,000 - 27000 = $16,000 raise... Like I said, a 16,000 raise to be home a hell of a lot more, flying less, in smaller equipment... Just trying to say that if someone like Wal-Mart (who doesn't over pay anyone) pays their pilots that well, why can't Netjets get that kind of cash. That's my point, I really don't understand what yours was.

I really don't get what your point is ("real corporate pilot's pay")... I am not promoting anything about Wal-Mart, BELIEVE ME... However, they pay their pilots way better with a substantial QOL improvement. Is Netjet's real corporate pilot pay? Why shouldn't they get "real corporate pilot's pay" ? Aren't they corporate pilots? What the heck are trying say here. By the way, comparing WM's department to B of A, Coke, IBM, etc... is NOT apples to apples. PERIOD.... Their Global and Challenger are 2 airplanes out of roughly 25. When/if those types of aircraft become more of a majority of their operations like those other companies, things could change but for now I'd say things will pretty much revolve around the Lears. I haven't heard of too many places paying more than they do to fly a 30 series Lear. I think I will just quit this thread not enough common sense here for me...:confused:

Latest resources

Back