You are out of your mind if you choose to work at NETJETS now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Correcting

Just want to be sure all of you potential Netjets applicants know that you have got to be out of your minds if you want to work here. It's been said many times before by Griz, etc and I'll say it all again.

DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF THE CRAP THEY FEED YOU AT THE INTERVIEW. This board is where you will find the truth.

Pay: Upgrades are non-existent at this point. YOU WILL BE ON F/O PAY FOR A LONG TIME. Don't buy into all the company BS about what they think you can make. THE ONLY THING GUARANTEED IS YOUR SALARY, AND AS AN F/O, THAT COMES TO 28K/YEAR.

You could go to any fast food restaurant and get a job as an assistant manager and make better pay while getting home every night. I've been at NETJETS for 5 years. Folks, it's only getting worse. Contract still not done. NEITHER US NOR MANAGEMENT HAVE ANY IDEA WHEN IT WILL BE DONE. DON'T LET MANAGEMENT SUCKER YOU IN WITH "6 MORE MONTHS".

If you still want to work here because you're insane, consider that you will have to sign a 2-year training contract and NETJETS DOES COME AFTER PEOPLE WHO BREAK IT.

You WILL be tremendously underappreciated by management. You WILL NOT qualify for the 7 on/7 off schedule because of your low seniority. You WILL work 17 days a month, often with only 2 or 3 days at home between tours. DON'T assume the new contract will fix everything UNTIL the new contract is actually done and IN FORCE. I could be a long time.

After all that's been said above and elsewhere on this board, if you still decide to come work at Netjets, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

I'm a 5 year captain, so I can make ends meet. BUT I AM LOOKING FOR A WAY OUT AND THERE IS NO WAY I WOULD EVEN CONSIDER COMING HERE FOR A SECOND IF I HAD THE CHANCE TO DO IT TODAY.

So, where do I send my resume? I hear Derinda is still the head of recruiting, is that true?

I can't wait to get my call.

Newhires shouldn't wait too long as FOs because everyone is leaving, right? So, that concern is invalid given the exodus....

Seriously, where are Netjets guys trying to jump to beyond the typical, super hard-to-get SWA, Jet Blue and AirTran? Are Netjets guys looking at regionals now like Comair or Eagle? How many Netjets guys have left in the last 2-3 months?

I hope you guys get to strike sometime soon in the future....

I've been reading alot of NetJet posts and I think all the complainers are just hoping management takes pity on them and offers them a nice contract. If it is really that bad at ANY job, why don't you just leave? I would. Try flipping burgers on stocking shelves at Walmart. The reason you whining babies won't do that is because they don't have McDonalds or Walmart posting sites for you people to get on and complain about everything. (Maybe they do, I actually don't know!) Anyways, please leave NetJets so people who REALLY want to fly can get the position. Crybabies.

Flame bait...

Cry babies? If you were paid waaaaaaaaaaay below your peers flying the same aircraft and you were treated like $hit by managment, would you accept it with a smile? Just think about it...

Humphreybogart said:
Anyways, please leave NetJets so people who REALLY want to fly can get the position. Crybabies.
Nope, not gonna leave just yet. Been trying to change things for 3 years and I'm not ready to give up. I used to have faith in the current MEC. That faith died about a year ago for me. I still believe we can raise the pay substantially, it'll just take a new MEC to unify the membership and put pressure on the company to do it. It may take dumping the teamsters, but I think a majority are willing to continue to see if we can substantially better the salary. You'll continue to hear lots of complaints (me included) as the wait time extends beyond the 3 year mark. You're just gonna have to bear it or ignore these posts.

The folks that want to work here for $28k/year and wait years for the upgrade can come, but many of us feel it's better if they walk in with their eyes open at the beginning. Sorry you can't see that.

:D
Don't worry HUMPHREY LOSER, we will vote in a SUBSTANDARD contract...and then I will take my meager retro pay and leave my seat for you. You are obviously a low-life HO' so you will enjoy the 3 to 4 times a month that you are prison raped by management for SUBSTANDARD pay. ALL OF THIS, so you can FLY FOR A LIVING....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....you are an idiotic JOKE and will be the FIRST loser to scream, "PAY ME WHAT I AM WORTH" when the next contract comes around !!! The senior leadership here (including our illustrious Teamsters sanctioned MEC) are all of the "PFT" ilk so you can't really expect too much...but you seem to be such an intelligent fool that you will figure all of this out eventually...of course, based on your comments, I would venture to guess that you would jump out of your THONG if NUTJETS offered you a job for a $10,000 fee. Good luck when Derinda calls you for your BIG BREAK....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...YOU FUNNY MAN !!!!

Last edited:
Majik, I respect what you have to say, and I can appreciate your quest to get what you rightfully deserve.

On the other hand...Snakeplt. First of all, I have a much better job than you have, so I'm not looking to take your seat, but there are alot of other pilots out there that would love to have your job and join Majik in the cockpit. They probably deserve it more than you. Go to work for a low paying regional and talk to me then. You think I'm a joke and a loser? You must have been looking in the mirror when you wrote that. Be honest, you were, right? You are the ultimate CRYBABY.

Humphreybogart said:
I've been reading alot of NetJet posts and I think all the complainers are just hoping management takes pity on them and offers them a nice contract. If it is really that bad at ANY job, why don't you just leave? I would. Try flipping burgers on stocking shelves at Walmart. The reason you whining babies won't do that is because they don't have McDonalds or Walmart posting sites for you people to get on and complain about everything. (Maybe they do, I actually don't know!) Anyways, please leave NetJets so people who REALLY want to fly can get the position. Crybabies.
It never ceases to amaze me as to how many bottom dwellers we have in our profession... case in point, you call netjets guys cry babies right? Do you feel that $28K for FO and $39K for Captain in a jet carrying around wealthy and important people and working your ass off for 6 to 7 days off in a row is good pay??? IF so you must be some kind of Walmart trailer trash pilot who has low career expectations and a low self worth.

I for one agree that they are under paid and over worked. I work for a good corporate outfit that pays me right and gives me benifits and a great schedule, now they are talking about adding a DA2000 to our fleet using netjets, because "it's cheaper to operate them"... is that what you want for our profession?? A race to the bottom!

Do us all a favor and stick to to your pipers!

Latest resources

Back