• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You are not cool!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am so sick and tired of hearing pilots (seems to be mostly female for some reason, but I am sure guys do it too) checking in with the approach controller or ground prior to taxi and reporting,

"Ground, Lear 123XY, Signature, ready to taxi and we have [insert pause to get cool voice prepped] Paa-Pahhhhhhhh".

My God that is so gay. IT's PAPA, NOT Paa-Pahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

"Ahhhhh, Approach, Lear 123XY WITH YOU five for three, got 'er set up for the right side of niner, she's squawk-n' 0665, talk-n' 26.45, smooth, lookin-n' for the short-cut to the marker, oh, and by the way, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, we have [insert pause to get cool voice prepped] Paa-Pahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Am I the only one who hears the crap? Do you Paa-Pahhhhhhhhhhhh lovers really think that is cool? It really isn't.

Oh Hawker, give the little chickies and hair gel guys a break. Remember, they were flight instructors a month or so ago, and having just learned all this new lingo, they just can't help themselves...

They'll get with the program soon enough.

Oh Hawker, give the little chickies and hair gel guys a break. Remember, they were flight instructors a month or so ago, and having just learned all this new lingo, they just can't help themselves...

They'll get with the program soon enough.

I have been waiting on Flight Express "Five and a Quarter" to grow up for quite some time. He is the only one in Atlanta airspace that thinks he sounds cool.....in his 210............Nails on a chalk board.

Last edited:
I have been waiting on Flight Express "Five and a Quarter" to grow up for quite some time. He is the only one in Atlanta airspace that thinks he sounds cool.....in his 210............Nails on a chalk board.

Hey here's a concept...maybe the guys just having fun!! Not flight instructing....glad he's done with it...on to the next step and all!!

Justa thought.

Hey here's a concept...maybe the guys just having fun!! Not flight instructing....glad he's done with it...on to the next step and all!!

Justa thought.
In all fairness, "5 and a quarter" is pretty gay. I would ask a Quarter of what?

Should it be Flight Express 6.25 (Quarter of 5)
Should it be Flight Express 5.25 (Quarter of 100)
Should it be Flight Express 5.15 (Quarter of an hour)

I am so sick and tired of hearing pilots (seems to be mostly female for some reason, but I am sure guys do it too) checking in with the approach controller or ground prior to taxi and reporting,

"Ground, Lear 123XY, Signature, ready to taxi and we have [insert pause to get cool voice prepped] Paa-Pahhhhhhhh".

My God that is so gay. IT's PAPA, NOT Paa-Pahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

"Ahhhhh, Approach, Lear 123XY WITH YOU five for three, got 'er set up for the right side of niner, she's squawk-n' 0665, talk-n' 26.45, smooth, lookin-n' for the short-cut to the marker, oh, and by the way, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, we have [insert pause to get cool voice prepped] Paa-Pahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Am I the only one who hears the crap? Do you Paa-Pahhhhhhhhhhhh lovers really think that is cool? It really isn't.

This topic needs it's own thread in the airline forums.

I grew up on Long Island, and was taught to speak with an eloquent dialect of english that only those from the north-east United States posess. So, having said that, when you hear me on the radio and I say "I have information Lima", its going to come out of my mouth as "Leemer". I've tried to say Lima, for some reason it just doesn't work all of the time.

I'll tell you what, lets make a deal F/O. Don't hate me for the way I butcher the phonetical alphebet, and I won't hate you for being a whiny, nit-picking, gear bitch.;)

btw, there is nothing wrong with including the words "Flight Level" in radio transmissions. It is the recomended radio phraseology in the AIM...

Now, lets all get another cup of coffee, and relax.

Although the difference between a yankee and a jackass is slight (striking resemblance, though), it is excusable for a yankee, since they were not raised to know the difference.

Not bad as the zero to hero kids at the regional airlines checking in " Air Shuttle 7336 with you at F-l-i-g-h-t L-e-v-e-l 350!" Wow the most be proud they went from a 152 to a shiny jet! lol

Seems like, somewhere in your basic training on small SE piston, you forgot to read FAR/AIM. It's NEVER too late to learn, ya know.

Latest resources

Back