You are not cool!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HawkerF/O

I am so sick and tired of hearing pilots (seems to be mostly female for some reason, but I am sure guys do it too) checking in with the approach controller or ground prior to taxi and reporting,

"Ground, Lear 123XY, Signature, ready to taxi and we have [insert pause to get cool voice prepped] Paa-Pahhhhhhhh".

My God that is so gay. IT's PAPA, NOT Paa-Pahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

"Ahhhhh, Approach, Lear 123XY WITH YOU five for three, got 'er set up for the right side of niner, she's squawk-n' 0665, talk-n' 26.45, smooth, lookin-n' for the short-cut to the marker, oh, and by the way, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, we have [insert pause to get cool voice prepped] Paa-Pahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Am I the only one who hears the crap? Do you Paa-Pahhhhhhhhhhhh lovers really think that is cool? It really isn't.

Am I the only one who hears the crap?
I'm not an official member of the phraseology police, but flying in Asia, I do notice the style differences, the controllers here don't understand the extraneous lingo, they only know the ATC bare minimum. It's good to hear the Americans on the radio though!

A few years ago, I was flying with HawkerF/O and somebody came on the radio and said it like that. Then HawkerF/O keys the mike, and says "pa paaaaaa, pa paaaaa", in a really gay voice, like to make fun of them. I couldn't stop laughing, and I still think about that every time I hear somebody say it.

True story.

Not bad as the zero to hero kids at the regional airlines checking in " Air Shuttle 7336 with you at F-l-i-g-h-t L-e-v-e-l 350!" Wow the most be proud they went from a 152 to a shiny jet! lol

A few years ago, I was flying with HawkerF/O and somebody came on the radio and said it like that. Then HawkerF/O keys the mike, and says "pa paaaaaa, pa paaaaa", in a really gay voice, like to make fun of them. I couldn't stop laughing, and I still think about that every time I hear somebody say it.

True story.

Good times. I wondered if this was legend or actually true. Glad to see I'm not the only one who can't stand the Pa-paaaaarazzzi

Good times. I wondered if this was legend or actually true. Glad to see I'm not the only one who can't stand the Pa-paaaaarazzzi
JN, you had better believe it's true. The staledog tells no tales. He does a lot of things, and I could go into them if you would like, but as for telling tales, I know nothing about that.
What say you, Staledog?
Staledog, my new mission in life is going to be finding you a new job. Where would you like to go, my white friend?

Latest resources

Back