Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Yo! Check it out! More Africa for Delta...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CRJ567.
Record. Not records. You accuse us of saying the same thing over and over. If that is the case we are playing the same record! There was a point in its singularity.

God, I hope that's not true. I'd hate to think Delta is letting guys with names like Olbutunde Bumbujunju decide their fleet assignments, but that's just me.

This is not that big of a deal. DAL did it with Jamaica a few years ago. DAL told the Jamaican government that the routes only would support a CRJ, and their government wanted a 88 or better. Well to get the approval we gave Kingston a 88. When we told the Jamaican government that we were going to pull service if we had to keep an 88 on the route, they allowed a CRJ.
I am sure if the loads do not support a 777, they will pull it once they have gotten a taste for direct service to the US.

CRJ567.
Record. Not records. You accuse us of saying the same thing over and over. If that is the case we are playing the same record! There was a point in its singularity.

Ummmm-

Would you like a mulligan?

You see "record" would tend to imply that you and General Lee are indeed the same person. Two broken "records" would imply a duality of Kool-Aid-Chugging-(two individual chuggers, if you will.) Subtle, yet significant difference, sir.

-That is, unless you are just another one of the many screen names the Genital uses.

Hi!

God, I hope that's not true. I'd hate to think Delta is letting guys with names like Olbutunde Bumbujunju decide their fleet assignments, but that's just me.

So, you think that DAL should be able to tell a foreign government what to do?

Kenya is very proud of their country, and eager to show that they don't tolerate foreign meddling.

If you want to do business in Kenya, then you will do what they say, otherwise, they will find another company that will follow their rules.

They have total control of their airport, and everything that goes on there, and they can approve anything they want.

So, if you want to fly here, you work with the CAA. If you don't, you won't fly here, and some other airline will make the money.

Virgin, BA, KLM, AF, Emirates, and many cargo companies, fly huge aircraft in here, and make tons of money. Luckily, DAL is smart, and they will work with the CAA so they can make a lot of money here, too.

cliff
NBO

So, you think that DAL should be able to tell a foreign government what to do?

No, I think fleet choices should be up to the airline, not to said "foreign government". I thought I was pretty clear.

No, I think fleet choices should be up to the airline, not to said "foreign government". I thought I was pretty clear.
+1, especially when they say a 767-300ER, or -400, is not modern enough for them. The statement by the government official indicated a lack of knowledge and the arrogance that is typical if officials who are not accountable for basic competency within the subject field they regulate.

I'd have sent a 767 with winglets, truthfully told them it is the newest and most efficient jet in its' category. It looks more modern and this seemed to have been about appearances.

NBO Dude - how much you figure this was just a shakedown for cash?

Last edited:
you can have africa...the chaotic airspace, the stench, and the bedbugs!! good luck and hope your senior.

The airspace is very opposite of chaotic - hardly any traffic, most of which is DAL :)

The stench and bedbugs I haven't seen yet in 2 years of flying there, I'll just take your word for it.

Senior - not senior, it depends. Some like 3 day 25 hour trips some would rather go somewhere else.

Delta is making a lot of money in Africa. Hopefully the brand new markets will do even better.

The statement by the government official indicated a lack of knowledge and the arrogance that is typical if officials who are not accountable for basic competency within the subject field they regulate.

Never mind incompetent, most of them are illiterate, not to mention still eat each other.

Latest resources

Back