• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Yet another USAPA lawsuit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is the accusation true or not. Is the company imposing things against the contract?? Is so you would be happier if they did nothing??

Is the accusation true or not.
The distinction between 'playing hardball' and 'bad faith' is more a matter of perspective than legally definable. The federal mediator hasn't said anything about bad faith so I don't think Dear Leader Cleary has a good legal case. (And in case you didn't know the BPR wasn't consulted about the suit. They actually gave Cleary the authority to do this kind of thing.)

Doug reiterated at the last PHX Crew News that there will be no contract until the seniority issue is "settled" so the lawsuit is just posturing (and a further waste of dues money).
Is the company imposing things against the contract??
Of course they are, however, the courts know the grievance process is the proper venue for solving those disputes.
Is so you would be happier if they did nothing??
You made me laugh until I realized you weren't being intentionally funny. All USAPA has to do is drop their assault on the arbitrated seniority list and the West and East could work together to create the leverage needed to get a contract done. As long as USAPA is fighting both the Company and the West what their negotiating committee does is irrelevant and Cleary's lawsuit is certainly irrelevant.

The distinction between 'playing hardball' and 'bad faith' is more a matter of perspective than legally definable. The federal mediator hasn't said anything about bad faith so I don't think Dear Leader Cleary has a good legal case. (And in case you didn't know the BPR wasn't consulted about the suit. They actually gave Cleary the authority to do this kind of thing.)

Doug reiterated at the last PHX Crew News that there will be no contract until the seniority issue is "settled" so the lawsuit is just posturing (and a further waste of dues money).Of course they are, however, the courts know the grievance process is the proper venue for solving those disputes.You made me laugh until I realized you weren't being intentionally funny. All USAPA has to do is drop their assault on the arbitrated seniority list and the West and East could work together to create the leverage needed to get a contract done. As long as USAPA is fighting both the Company and the West what their negotiating committee does is irrelevant and Cleary's lawsuit is certainly irrelevant.

Funny you should bring up the crew news. What did Parker say??? Something about the nic and ALPA?? and that ALPA is not the union on the property?? Something abo t the company has already brought these things in front of their lawyers.

Tell me again why a junior f/o on the east side would want to merge and get a new contract??? To play F/O the rest of his career?? NO contract will make up the money he would lose in that scenario. I am not saying the East (not USAPA legal diffrence there) didn't agree to binding arbitration while ALPA represented them. Guess what it's a big bad world out there. Agreements are broken all the time in the business world. (thus the need for a grievance process)

Anyway back on subgect. Yes the grievance process is the "proper" venue. If we, as in all the airline pilots, just used that process we would get no where. Once in a while you have to misbehave and act up to apply more pressure.

Funny you should bring up the crew news. What did Parker say??? Something about the nic and ALPA?? and that ALPA is not the union on the property?? Something abo t the company has already brought these things in front of their lawyers.
Did you have a point to make? I missed it if you did.
Tell me again why a junior f/o on the east side would want to merge and get a new contract??? To play F/O the rest of his career?? NO contract will make up the money he would lose in that scenario.
Irrelevant. Until an actual contract is TA'ed it's moot.
I am not saying the East (not USAPA legal diffrence there) didn't agree to binding arbitration while ALPA represented them. Guess what it's a big bad world out there.
Your point being? (yes, you need to spell it out for me. I love when people without integrity try to justify doing the wrong thing.)
Anyway back on subgect. Yes the grievance process is the "proper" venue. If we, as in all the airline pilots, just used that process we would get no where. Once in a while you have to misbehave and act up to apply more pressure.
Seriously, you need to pay closer attention. As long as USAPA is trying to get around the arbitrated seniority list the West will fight them and no "safety" campaigns nor meritless lawsuits will have any effect. A union divided is useless. The side that started the fight needs to end it.

Wrong eagle. The east will never make up the money they've lost due to this hardline tantrum.
I swear you guys think 4 stripes carries some form of automatic financial independence- but if you look - you see that a FO makes $40/hr less than a captain- ....wow....
All this for $40k a year - which would've mostly been made up years ago.

Oh- and EVERY RJ CAPTAIN IN THE INDUSTRY W/ SAME YEARS OF SERVICE MAKES MORE THAN A USAIR 190 CAPT. MANY ARE A WITHIN $10 of A320 capt pay. EVERY FO AT DELTA AND AMERICAN AND CONTINTENTAL MAKE WITHIN $5/hr OF YOUR A320 capts. UAL IS CLOSE. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON HOW MUCH MORE A SWA FO makes THAN ALL OF YOUR CAPTS. And Fedex. And UPS.
An e190 FO at jblu makes more than your 190 capts. YOU ARE BY FAR THE LOWEST PAID 320 operators in the country. Even VA has you beat and they are newborns.

Aka- USAPA IS UNDERCUTTING THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY AND SHOULD NOT EVER THINK THAT THERE IS A FINANCIAL JUSTIFICATION FOR THIS TANTRUM.

Its pure ego now. Nothing more.

This entire thing is staggeringly stupid.

Wrong eagle. The east will never make up the money they've lost due to this hardline tantrum.
I swear you guys think 4 stripes carries some form of automatic financial independence- but if you look - you see that a FO makes $40/hr less than a captain- ....wow....

Oh- and EVERY RJ CAPTAIN IN THE INDUSTRY W/ SAME YEARS OF SERVICE MAKES MORE THAN A USAIR 190 CAPT. MANY ARE A WITHIN $10 of A320 capt pay. EVERY FO AT DELTA AND AMERICAN AND CONTINTENTAL MAKE WITHIN $5/hr OF YOUR A320 capts. UAL IS CLOSE. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON HOW MUCH MORE A SWA FO makes THAN ALL OF YOUR CAPTS. And Fedex. And UPS.
An e190 FO at jblu makes more than your 190 capts. YOU ARE BY FAR THE LOWEST PAID 320 operators in the country. Even VA has you beat and they are newborns.

Aka- USAPA IS UNDERCUTTING THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY AND SHOULD NOT EVER THINK THAT THERE IS A FINANCIAL JUSTIFICATION FOR THIS TANTRUM.

:beer:

Agreed. The sore-losers on the East have dug their latrines too close to their kitchen.

Yet another USAPA lawsuit or another (SLI SWAPA V ALPA) bashing

I think its time to bring in the SLI SWAPA V ALPA thread in this one and see if this can be spinned around to bash SWA on this thread as well - why not its woks for most of the others.

Latest resources

Back