• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Yay Atlas got a new contract..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK Guys, bottom line, we don't know shinola. It hasn't even officially started yet!

First group is JFK based, because of the AMC pax stuff. The 5 DHL will probably be CVG, hub turns. There may be some FO's that like the hub turn or pax stuff and move down to the 767 for QOL, ie domestic, time zones.

If we get a few 767's for AMC cargo, no telling where they'll be based. My bet, JFK.

The startup has been delayed, I'm hearing now in November. DHL will be first Q of '12.

I thought an FO on the 74 could only go to capt on the 76...

ok, how about QOL items for when you're out on the road? Are they still able to change your layover from 48 to min rest on you? what are the call out times for reserve? and how is the commercial to and from base? still coach? etc..

anything that's changed from the last contract would be interesting to know..

U don't commercial to and from your base. You commercial from your gateway (or an alternate travel location, if you request it, and the co. agrees) to wherever the company wants you to go. When you are done working, you commercial from wherever you are to your gateway (or your alternate travel location).

Domestic legs are coach, international legs (a non-US city) is business or better. I think the new contract states that if your travel is over 16 hours total, then all legs are business or better...not sure on that.

My last trip started in CVG and ended in Taipei. Trip before that SEA-SEA. Trip before that started in ANC ended in ORD. Jul had a trip start in ORD and end in Melbourne (AUS).

cliff
GRB

Thanks for the info Cliff

What percent of the time are you going to a foreign airport vs domestic airport to start your trip?

U basically always start your trip airlining to a domestic airport.

Your trip usually ends by airlining from a domestic location to your gateway, but sometimes your trip ends overseas, and you airline from overseas to your gateway.

would be curious to find out how many are being held out the full 17 days now with the new contract and the additional cost of those days after 13.. it's too early to tell now, but if anyone remembers to, let us know how your month goes.

remember under our new contract R1 requires a 5 hour callout to your nearest commercial airport, not gateway airport or your base. It clearly states the nearest commercial airport; so, if you are based in LAX and you actually live closer to a small regional airport like burbank, you are only required to report to the nearest commercial airport. So, in other words if they wanted to commercial you last minute to Incheon from LAX, and you were on R1, they would have to buy you a ticket on an RJ from Burbank to Salt lake or wherever BFE airport connects out of there, then to LAX just to start your trip which would obviously be entirely too expensive and cost precious time to the company..

The reason I mention this is for those of us that live in our base, if we exercise this right using the language written in R1, the company will learn really quick it's in their best interest to keep us on R2 and keep us on rig while on reserve at our base...I am convinced that the company is going to try and assign r1 to guys that live within 130 miles from their base when otherwise be on r2 cheating them out of up to 20 hours or so a month in pay...just food for thought.

thanks for that info big.... these are the kind of details I"m interested in learning more about...

Latest resources

Back