• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Yay Atlas got a new contract..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The rig pays 1 hour of flight pay for 4.95 hours on an assignment (not on duty). That equals 4.84 hours of pay in a 24 hour day. It is a monthly look back for pay calculated. It starts when you report for your first assignment.
You are correct Sir! Know what I mean not what I say. :D Hey I tried.

767 Operation Questions

What will the schedule be like for the 767 operation? Given that the initial flying is primarily domestic for the 767s, will the schedule be different (i.e., still 17 days out)?

I realize the 767 will pay less than the 747s, but how has the interest been in bidding it among the pilot group? Will it be staffed by newhires as FOs or will there be internal bidding for it on the FO side (I imagine Capt slots will be taken)?

Also, when do 767 operations actually begin?

As of today, the #1 FO is a new hire. However, the next bid will tell the tale, as the 74 FO's who have been in seat 3 years or longer are free to down grade if they wish.

We will see.

As of today, the #1 FO is a new hire. However, the next bid will tell the tale, as the 74 FO's who have been in seat 3 years or longer are free to down grade if they wish.

We will see.

downgrade? PIC on a 757 is considered a down grade from a SIC seat on the 747?

We will see.

Interesting. What about schedules on the 767? Will they still keep you out for 17 days with mostly domestic flying or will they break-up the schedule into shorter intervals?

Also, what is the long term plan for 767s? The initial group is 3 aircraft - I presume Atlas will be getting for more than just 3 767s - right? How many will be pax vs. cargo?

OK Guys, bottom line, we don't know shinola. It hasn't even officially started yet!

First group is JFK based, because of the AMC pax stuff. The 5 DHL will probably be CVG, hub turns. There may be some FO's that like the hub turn or pax stuff and move down to the 767 for QOL, ie domestic, time zones.

If we get a few 767's for AMC cargo, no telling where they'll be based. My bet, JFK.

The startup has been delayed, I'm hearing now in November. DHL will be first Q of '12.

downgrade? PIC on a 757 is considered a down grade from a SIC seat on the 747?

It's 767's that Atlas has bought not 757's and his post was referring to (presumably junior but more than 3 year) 747 FO's becoming 767 FO's which would result in a downgrade in pay. Almost all of the 76 CA's are former senior 74 FO's however.

Latest resources

Back