• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet cutting back CL300 order

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there any correlation with your delivery schedule and the guy in the other thread complaining about too much standby and multiple airplanes sitting around? Are your EJM managed airplanes getting as much sell-off flying as they used to?

No idea about EJM. Some fleets are sitting more than others. Most seem quite busy.

The plan is like surfing. We are in between waves right now and getting organized. The break is nice though. Sales are up, flying is down a bit but that is actually a good combo to make money in the fractional business.

Times are good. "We get paid to be available, not to fly." A wise man said that once. He had many in his Cast.

So how many are expected to be delivered in 2009? Last I heard was around 17, was that before the cut back?

Do you mean where he said 17, in 2009? If you're looking for 2008 deliveries, that too has been answered correctly already.

I cancelled my netflix request for the movie 300.
Does that count?
JK :D
But seriously, when is Flops supposed to start getting the phenom 300?

No idea about EJM. Some fleets are sitting more than others. Most seem quite busy.

The plan is like surfing. We are in between waves right now and getting organized. The break is nice though. Sales are up, flying is down a bit but that is actually a good combo to make money in the fractional business.

Times are good. "We get paid to be available, not to fly." A wise man said that once. He had many in his Cast.

According to a known reliable source on another board, the professional one, EJM issued a mid-year report stating their charter business was up 6% over the same period last year.

Are most of the guys on the X going over to the 300 or are some of them staying put? I was told by someone who is in contact with the pilot recruiter, and according to him XO will take a few DEC on the 300 but the FO's will be taken from the X and being replaced by newhires.

I understand that the pilots are happy getting a new type, especially the 300, but out of the company's standpoint they will then lose lots of experience on the X plus the cost of retraining.

Any truth in this information?

Thanks,

FZ

Last edited:
Are most of the guys on the X going over to the 300 or are some of them staying put? I was told by someone who is in contact with the pilot recruiter, and according to him XO will take a few DEC on the 300 but the FO's will be taken from the X and being replaced by newhires.

I understand that the pilots are happy getting a new type, especially the 300, but out of the company's standpoint they will then lose lots of experience on the X plus the cost of retraining.

Any truth in this information?

Thanks,

FZ

I doubt you will see very many X copilots go over to the 300. The company would like to see pilots stay in an airplane for at least two years before getting another type rating. However, I'm sure there will be a few exceptions.

Some CE750 captains will choose to make the switch, and some wont. Many of those staying in the X are waiting to see if something else comes along.

If I were a prospective new hire today, I would be hoping for the X. I think the upgrade time will be quicker in the short term because of all the captains transitioning from the X to the 300. That should turn around after a year or two due to the delivery schedule.

Oh, despite the title of this thread, we have not canceled or delayed any 300 deliveries. In fact, many of the options have already been converted to firm orders.

Latest resources

Back