• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet cutting back CL300 order

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can anyone post a quote from an employer representative that is public domain, (so no one gets into trouble), to support this rumor?

I thought they were doing great!!!

Hawkered,

From today's AINalerts:

XOJet Feeling the Effects of Sour Economy
San Carlos, Calif.-based XOJet has laid off “around 20” pilots and some additional operations and sales staff, according to John Magner, the company’s executive vice president of commercial operations. XOJet is still taking delivery of Challenger 300s and Citation Xs at the rate of about one a month and the company is still closing deals, “but not to the degree we wanted to grow,” he said. Magner added that the layoffs would have been made regardless of the economic situation, saying, “It was the right business decision.”

Hawkered,

From today's AINalerts:

XOJet Feeling the Effects of Sour Economy
San Carlos, Calif.-based XOJet has laid off “around 20” pilots and some additional operations and sales staff, according to John Magner, the company’s executive vice president of commercial operations. XOJet is still taking delivery of Challenger 300s and Citation Xs at the rate of about one a month and the company is still closing deals, “but not to the degree we wanted to grow,” he said. Magner added that the layoffs would have been made regardless of the economic situation, saying, “It was the right business decision.”

Now why would XOJet still be taking deliverys on Xs when I was in Wichita this week and was told (and saw) two XOJet Xs sitting on the ramp there at the service center. I was told they have both been sitting there finished from mx for over 3-weeks now and XOJet isn't interested in picking them up any time soon. Not a good sign if you ask me.

CHL, as much as I have liked what I have read about XO up to this point I have to agree with you. Something just doesn't add up as far as lay offs and still claiming they will be taking deliveries next year.

For you guys on the inside, do you believe in the statement; " the layoffs would have been made regardless of the economic situation, saying, “It was the right business decision.”

Makes one wonder a bit..:confused:

I have been saying here for 9 months to a year, and been bashed up for it, but XO jet is being stalked by the grim reaper. Things started turning real bad when they ran thier "special" and they decided to fly people transcon for a price that just paid for fuel. It was a HUGE cry for revenue! Now that the special didnt work, they have to layoff thier best asset, the pilots, in order to hold on. Investment companies and bank are losing BILLIONS, the last thing they will keep putting money into is aviation and an unproven business model as XO.

Competition is a good thing, Netjets need competition, but 2009 is gonna be real tuff for the first 6-10 months, and i am certain that 20-25% cut in pilot force at XO is just the start.

Flyzimex,

All I know is that we took delivery of two Citation X's and one CL300 in the past two days. Year over year flying is up, but we have 9 more aircraft, so the average number of hours per airplane is down. Whether "rightsizing" the pilot group to the hours flown per month was the right thing to do is not for me to say. It certainly will save the company some money in the short term. Our balance sheet is strong, and the company will attempt take advantage of the current economy to gain market share.

NETFLYER,

You wonder why people bash you? Maybe it's because all you do is spew hate. You've made it plainly obvious how much you can't stand XOJET, and take every opportunity to bash us. You make statements based on nothing but your own twisted fantasy and try to pass yourself off as some expert. You don't have any idea what you're talking about, but at least you are consistent.

Personally, I just wish you would STFU. Anyone who takes such joy in the misfortune of others, should look themselves in the mirror and try to figure out what the real issue is.

I very much hope Netjets does not need to follow Flight Options, XOJET, and Citation Shares and put pilots on the street. However, it is certainly a possibility, and you know what they say about people who live in glass houses. I would like to think that others would have more class, and show more respect for those affected than you do if that should happen.

Last edited:
people who live in glass houses change in the basement

To correct the record, Bill Clinton said: "It's the economy, stupid" in his campaign vs. GHB.

To REALLY correct the record, it was James Carville, a Bill Clintonite, who receives credit for the "stupidly" uttered words. It refers to the notion that Clinton was a better choice because Bush had not adequately addressed the economy, which had recently undergone a mild recession. Clinton never had the mental capacity to utter anything intelligible except " I did not have sexual relations with "that woman" Which turned out to be a lie. Go figure. Go Bill! What a waste of a human life....

To REALLY correct the record, it was James Carville, a Bill Clintonite, who receives credit for the "stupidly" uttered words. It refers to the notion that Clinton was a better choice because Bush had not adequately addressed the economy, which had recently undergone a mild recession. Clinton never had the mental capacity to utter anything intelligible except " I did not have sexual relations with "that woman" Which turned out to be a lie. Go figure. Go Bill! What a waste of a human life....
At least he got a BJ. It appears you haven't had one in quite a while, if ever.

Latest resources

Back