• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet cutting back CL300 order

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. The sky is not falling but life could be better and has been in the, not so distant, past.

All of what is coming and all I claim to know is just another, in a long line of forecasts and projections. No one really knows. The ones who are in the know don't even know. We all just work hard, do our best, and hope it all works out.

Glad to be here boss.:D

Last edited:
Soo... for all of u XO guys how many 300's are u really getting this year after the cut back?

Where do you get your economic news from big bird on sesame street??? The ecomony isn't doing wonderful and things could get worse before they get better.

RNO (and Trash), you're the kind of guys I was talking about. Your rhetoric about Big Bird would make you a great speech writer for the Obama campaign, but people lined up outside Fry's to load their new TVs (and myself a 24" monitor) has substance!

You guys are the kind who wait for someone to tell you that times are good. Good luck with that. ("Honey, this is the good part. Enjoy it.")

You can parse all of the percentage-of-GDP bullcrap that you wish, but my analysis of the economy is far more simple.

What's the occupancy rate over at John Ascuaga's this weekend? There's your economy, Bro!

For anybody looking for something to do, go to the mall, and tell me what you see. I bet your malls and restaurants are full, too. Conclusion: The economy is doing wonderful; this is nothing more than election year brainwashing.

My 2 cents.

Credit Cards. It's not real money.

RNO (and Trash), you're the kind of guys I was talking about. Your rhetoric about Big Bird would make you a great speech writer for the Obama campaign, but people lined up outside Fry's to load their new TVs (and myself a 24" monitor) has substance!

You can parse all of the percentage-of-GDP bullcrap that you wish, but my analysis of the economy is far more simple.

Of course they are loading up new TVs at Fry's, what else would they be buying? Lobsters? You go to Tiffany and everybody is buying diamonds, I guess the American middle class has won the jackpot!

we may FEEL that the economy is doing wonderful since we are in the fractional world, and things has indeed been going well in the last few years. But I don't think that your brothers from LCCs, Majors, and Regionals can agree with you. I don't think that the CNBC crowds, who are usually Republicans, can agree with you being that the market is off 20% from the peak.

Its funny that you bet your life on science everyday at work; lift and drag, Bernoulli's theorem, etc. After all, they are only theories and may or may not be true. Meanwhile, you'd say "please don't let the facts and numbers confuse me." You are a complicated man :)

Last edited:
I'm with Ed. You guys need to stop watching the negative a$$ news. If you guys think were in a recession now, you're nuts. It's not that bad out there. I'm not the rah rah Tony Robbins type either. You know when it'll be bad? If Obama gets voted in. He's going to send .07% of the GNP (yearly) to OTHER poor nations to bail them out!

The value of the dollar and every economist including my boss says we are in a recession but you guys know better. I am sorry I don't usually do this but I can't be silent about something so important.

The Iraq War costs the U.S. $3,000,000,000.00 a month not including the cost in U.S. blood and suffering while the Iraq government has a $72 Billion surplus. McCain says everything is fine, his plan is to stay in Iraq indefinitely and his financial advisor, (who called us a bunch of whiners, was fired and then quietly rehired, and oh by the way helped cause the preditory mortgage crisis) plans more tax breaks for the oil companies and raise taxes on the middle class, while voting 20 plus times in a row against increasing VA benefits. He is sending our troops and some of my friends into harms way but doesn't want to take care of them when they come home missing an arm or leg. How can anyone vote for that?

Oh, by the way, McSame and the rest of the GOP also support open skies and cabotage, so if you like your job and want salaries to go up you better vote Democrat. Build the fence but let everyone that wants to fly over it...sounds like a bait and switch to me.

I suggest educating yourself before blindly believing the Republican BS. Spend a little time and do some research. You won't have to look long.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...&sigi=11g70ti4l&sigb=13j0denjf&sigh=11663dg0s

But what does this have to do with XO Jet?

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have seen reported economic growth of an estimated +3.3% GDP rate for last quarter.

Positive growth does not a recession make. So your boss is technically incorrect.

US economy shows vigor in Q2, but seen flagging

Reuters

WASHINGTON - Strong exports and consumer spending supported by government stimulus checks drove the US economy up at a solid 3.3 percent annual rate in the second quarter, much faster than first thought, but growth is expected to flag as those factors fade.

The US Commerce Department on Thursday said consumer spending and net exports were more vigorous than initially estimated and that inventories fell less sharply. A month ago, it said US gross domestic product had expanded at a 1.9 percent rate in the quarter.

The upward revision was much sharper than analysts had expected and added to evidence the US economy may skirt the downturn many had forecast as a result of a deep decline in housing markets, tight credit and high energy and food prices.
"It's clear that the second quarter not only wasn't a recession quarter, it was actually a very robust quarter," said Michael Englund, chief economist for Action Economics in Boulder, Colorado.

You guys are the kind who wait for someone to tell you that times are good. Good luck with that. ("Honey, this is the good part. Enjoy it.")

What's the occupancy rate over at John Ascuaga's this weekend? There's your economy, Bro!

You call it rhetoric if you want, but buying a TV is a far cry, from buying a car, a house, a vacation home, things that take real money and credit, not just a credit card with a $5,000 limit.

Your analysis of the ecomony is very simple and limited if you use a trip to a electronics store as your benchmark. Educate yourself please.

As for the Obama comment that is laughable also.

Latest resources

Back