• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJET Announces $25,000 "All In" Transcon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't kid yourself. Its precisely because XO has a different business plan that I consider them one of our biggest threats.

Other competitors have a similar business plan to ours. We invented it and we're very good at it.

XO jet has a very different plan. I'm not so arrogant as to believe that a competitor could not take our model and improve on it. While XO has yet to prove the test of time, I would not underestimate them.

EXACTLY!!! I want to know how it is possible to do it for this cheap. The point of the thread was not to throw stones, sorry it wound up that way. We should be asking how this is possible.

I'm starting to feel like a legacy.

For comparison's sake, what would a Netjets Citation X "all-in" charge be for the same one-way transcon trip (say TEB-VNY) for a typical share owner (not Marquis Card)? Let's assume no major delays and typical winds. This would include hourly, monthly and pro-rated ownership fees...

Any estimates?

Ugh, I would rather be an FO at Mesa than do a 15 day trip.

To each his own. I love my two weeks off in a row. Everyone I know who has tried it loves it too. Those who don't think they will like it don't sign up for it. It's not like it's mandatory.

I can't wait to start flying in Abu Dhabi so I can do month on month off. Actually, I'll probably do 58 on 56 off to reduce the airlining. Before you all start going nuts, it's not really 58 on. The UAE requires 2 days off out of every 7, so you get a 2 day break every week while you are "on". The 25 percent pay override coupled with Business class travel make both schedules pretty attractive to me. But again, to each his own.

Have fun at Mesa.

Last edited:
How much longer before you guys get a "fractional sounding" call sign?

I heard that everything is set up to use "XOJET###", but for whatever reason we haven't started using it yet. I know many of the folks here fear that it is going to sound too much like "exec jet", and a some of the other handles out there.

How many are planned to be hired the rest of 08, and in 2009 ?

Thanks

Thanks X, glad I'm finally getting a chance too!

Thanks again Clyde! Now go lay on the beach or something. Your in Bermuda for heaven sake...

this is just the beginning of what will be a long end. Its a desperate attempt to get ahold of some revenue to show its investors its making money.

nobody cuts prices to the clients we are dealing with unless they need cash.

xo business plan wont work, and they are not a fractional, been saying this since day 1 people.

NEXT!

Latest resources

Back