XJT Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cobalt said:
not trying to be a smarta**, but for clarification that number includes people WELL over 60 that are no longer line pilots (ie. instructors/check airmen). I don't know what the actual number of active line pilots is.

This should be the closest to accurate your going to see

2549 thats per the staffing system seniority which includes check airman and offline guys.

2,742 is the last number on the latest seniority list revision of today.

Thats the pilots online for next month. That doesnt count people in training etc

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out where those 69 airplanes are going yet??? I've read countless posts that say they have the flying for them, but no details.

Me thinks they're bluffing...

I agree. I have lots of friends there that I wish the best of. However, it sounds like they still don't have a plan.
Bluffing on 69 airplanes leases? I dont think so. Things will start coming in to light here soon.

Thats the same thing they said about CAT. Now they are all out of a job June 30th.

3blade said:
the kool-aid must be strong at Xjet

No kidding. With 2500 line pilots on property, and no additional deliveries scheduled, it's gonna be a *bit* hard for upgrades to continue. Attrition will be pretty much the only factor...

wheelsup said:
No kidding. With 2500 line pilots on property, and no additional deliveries scheduled, it's gonna be a *bit* hard for upgrades to continue. Attrition will be pretty much the only factor...

And there is lots of that going on right now. It's a great company but why stay in the capacity purchase world when you can get out? I wan't to work for a company that flies for itself and doesn't have to compete on block hour rates with CHQ and SKYW. It was originally a stepping stone and for me, it is still just that. When mergers start going down, watch the capacity purchase world start imploding with 50-seat operators taking the biggest hit. In a CAL-UAL merger, XJT would be the big loser. Losing 69 aircraft is nothing compared to what we would lose in a CAL-UAL merger.

How much does truck driving pay? .33 cents pre mile? We'd make a fortune if we could negotiate that pay rate!

Not to sound like a kool-aid drinker, but XJT management definelty has a plan and homes lined up for those 69 airframes. In fact it may end up that XJT will need to order some additional airframes to meet it's obligations to CAL and it's new yet to be publicly named customers.

Keep in mind that keeping the aircraft was a decision that would not benefit the shareholders anymore than if they decided to let CAL keep the 69 and have CHQ fly them as Continental Connection. The company and board of directors agreed to keep the 69 because they saw a profitable future in keeping XJT holdings in the airline business flying airplanes, and not just fixing and training others to fly them. As far as not announcing what the new flying will be, I'd have to think that they (XJT Management) have decided to hold off on an announcement untill they have ALL of the different aspects of the new business 100% together. Our stock has been hammered since the CAL announcement and XJT would like nothing more than to announce good news, but I'm sure they are being very careful on the timing of it.

The biggest thing that can come out of all of this is hopefully investors will decide that XJT really is an airline and not just the redheaded stepchild of CAL. If you look at it, XJT is really only trading at it's cash value right now. After the announcement of the new flying (and hopefully growth) I'd expect Wall Street to react favorably. The Senior directors at XJT no doubt have a lot of money tied up in XJT stock, they don't make any money untill the company does as well.....

Also don't forget that XJT NEVER asked the employee group for conscessions at anytime that they were negotiating the new rates with CAL. In a day and age of Management asking/ demanding workers give back wages there is a lot to be said for them not coming to us with their hand out looking for a few bucks.

Personally I'm excited to see what the future holds for us here at XJT Holdings and ExpressJet Airlines. New flying, new bases (thank God for new bases), and a new direction are going to be a steep learning curve for all involved, but you'll find that a mostly happy workgroup (like the XJT folks) are willing to go the extra mile to make things work. Our performance numbers are a testament to that fact, and I don't think anything is going to change anytime soon.

If this makes me a kool-air drinker then so be it. Having wondered what was going to happen to my job when the 69 aircraft reduction was announced, to now knowing that I'm relativly safe here at XJT is a good feeling.

BankAccount=0$ said:
Not to sound like a kool-aid drinker, but XJT management definelty has a plan and homes lined up for those 69 airframes. In fact it may end up that XJT will need to order some additional airframes to meet it's obligations to CAL and it's new yet to be publicly named customers.

Keep in mind that keeping the aircraft was a decision that would not benefit the shareholders anymore than if they decided to let CAL keep the 69 and have CHQ fly them as Continental Connection. The company and board of directors agreed to keep the 69 because they saw a profitable future in keeping XJT holdings in the airline business flying airplanes, and not just fixing and training others to fly them. As far as not announcing what the new flying will be, I'd have to think that they (XJT Management) have decided to hold off on an announcement untill they have ALL of the different aspects of the new business 100% together. Our stock has been hammered since the CAL announcement and XJT would like nothing more than to announce good news, but I'm sure they are being very careful on the timing of it.

The biggest thing that can come out of all of this is hopefully investors will decide that XJT really is an airline and not just the redheaded stepchild of CAL. If you look at it, XJT is really only trading at it's cash value right now. After the announcement of the new flying (and hopefully growth) I'd expect Wall Street to react favorably. The Senior directors at XJT no doubt have a lot of money tied up in XJT stock, they don't make any money untill the company does as well.....

Also don't forget that XJT NEVER asked the employee group for conscessions at anytime that they were negotiating the new rates with CAL. In a day and age of Management asking/ demanding workers give back wages there is a lot to be said for them not coming to us with their hand out looking for a few bucks.

Personally I'm excited to see what the future holds for us here at XJT Holdings and ExpressJet Airlines. New flying, new bases (thank God for new bases), and a new direction are going to be a steep learning curve for all involved, but you'll find that a mostly happy workgroup (like the XJT folks) are willing to go the extra mile to make things work. Our performance numbers are a testament to that fact, and I don't think anything is going to change anytime soon.

If this makes me a kool-air drinker then so be it. Having wondered what was going to happen to my job when the 69 aircraft reduction was announced, to now knowing that I'm relativly safe here at XJT is a good feeling.

Well Said!! :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back