• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT Upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BankAccount - That seems awful optimistic considering there are absolutely NO details surfacing out there. It seems to me that XJT holding those 69 airplanes hostage is a good of possibility as any out there. Like I said, I wish you guys the best, but I wouldn't get too excited....

Best of luck...

MarineGrunt said:
BankAccount - That seems awful optimistic considering there are absolutely NO details surfacing out there. It seems to me that XJT holding those 69 airplanes hostage is a good of possibility as any out there. Like I said, I wish you guys the best, but I wouldn't get too excited....

Best of luck...

Actually I beg to differ. There are no details surfacing for a reason, when the time comes there will be an announcement the same as any other company. XJT holdings does pretty well on it's own with it's various holdings, in the confrence call with Wall Street the CEO of XJT summed it up as that XJT could have let the airplanes go and continued on at a guaranteed profit margin of the same percentage, only at a lower total revenue number with the reduced fleet. The Management and the Board of Directors decided to go forward and branch the airline divison out because they believe we (ExpressJet Airlines) have a product that other "Legacy" carriers and passengers are willing to buy tickets/ capacity on. Simply put the decision was made to continue as an airline instead of eventually shrinking down (by returning aircraft to CAL) to just an aviation services company.

ExpressJet does very well working in harmony with the various other pieces of the XJT Holdings puzzle. We do our own training in our training facility in IAH (with the ability to do contract training as well). We do all of our own MX (as well as some MX for several other people), we own a composites company in MIA, we own our own paint facility in Saltillo Mexico, and we own a large portion of a charter and aircraft re-finishing company in TX (Wing Aviation). These other business ventures allow XJT to have a very competitive package to offer to potential business partners. As a group the pilots enjoy a pretty good contract and QOL, but that doesn't exactly equate to ExpressJet being "too expensive" when pitching our service to other "legacy" carriers. The really sad part of this all is that XJT has not asked the employee groups for give backs because they didn't need to, they find savings in running an efficient operation. If I'm not mistaken in the last quarter we actually had to give back to CAL several million dollars because ExpressJet Airlines did so well (read saved a ton of money through efficiency) that it exceeded the profit cap that is in place by our CPA with CAL.

I'm guessing that when the eventual announcement is made there will be a lot of surprised people here at XJT as well as around the industry.

Superpilot92 said:
No drinking here, just being optimistic :D

With a name like "Superpilot92" and all that has been up in the air with XJET as of late, no doubt about it.

Best of luck to all you guys (we all need it), but beware of instant karma...

BankAccount=0$ said:
The really sad part of this all is that XJT has not asked the employee groups for give backs because they didn't need to, they find savings in running an efficient operation.

Why is this sad

SuperKooter said:
XJT has a high operating cost thats why they lost CAL flying and why they will not get anymore flying.

Ummm no, it's because this was all a bubba deal and CAL wanted to be rid of the excess RJ capacity. Note that they will not replace the 69 /a/c leaving. I bet they don't replace 1/2. Now go back uner your rock.

hbrow15 said:
Why is this sad

It's only sad because it proves that forcing employee groups to give back wages is not the only way to save money. The rest of the industry (Regional airlines at least) have been plagued by this growth for concessions or semi-forced give backs partially because management's are only after the low hanging fruit when it comes to saving money/ increasing efficency. What's easier, re-tooling your operation or asking the employees to give back money?? I think history shows which answer is the easiest.

I'm not a big cheerleader for ExpressJet Airlines, I show up for work, do my job safely and to the best of my ability and then go home. I like where I work, and it seems like most of my co-workers do as well. But when it comes down to it, I think that XJT will be a surprise to a lot of people in the near future. Will it mean a faster upgrade for me in the future who knows? Personally I'm not in a big hurry to upgrade, I'm not really big on EWR or reserve so when it happens it happens. I'm done rushing to try and advance in this career, all it does is give you an ulcer and raise your blood pressure worrying about things you have no control over......

Xjet also has very little long term debt; unlike the lower cost bidders CAl is seeking. What I understand Xjets bid for the cal flying was'nt too far off from everybody elses .

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back