• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT trying to Scam pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How is it a "scam" if you owe them money? Sounds like some of you are trying to "scam" them by not paying something that you owe to them. Quit being such a cheapskate and pay up.

I'll tell you what the scam is!! The scam is having to pay for your uniforms. What a joke! It's not like it is something you can wear on your own time. The companies should be paying for this, not some underpaid RJ FO! My advice, don't pay the bill!! Some scumbag carrier tried pulling this on me and they didn't get 1 red cent!!! They will give up after a while. And they aren't going to pay $1,000 plus dollars on lawyers to take you to court.

The scam is having to pay for your uniforms.

Concur. Do any regionals provide uniforms for their pilots? After all, XJT has the "industry-leading" contract, right?

I think this situation is a fine example of the disturbing lack of professionalism that XJT is rapidly becoming know for throughout the industry. No thought was put into how this would actually affect the people they are going after. If you do not work there anymore I would consider yourself very, very fortunate.

Please explain? I would venture to say that XJT treats its employees better than the employer that furloughed you (UAL).

Is this you?
http://www.findapilot.com/Pilot-10538-Heather-Heslington.html

Concur. Do any regionals provide uniforms for their pilots? After all, XJT has the "industry-leading" contract, right?

Not close to industry leading in this department. They only reimburse $150/year for a maximum of $450.

XJT is really going down the tubes. While I was there, I had problem after problem after problem...and so on, with the payroll dept. Underpaid many times. Double payroll deducted for uniforms, ie they claimed I never paid for it, but I had the check stubs to prove it. Yet they couldn't look in their own system and track it?! WTF. Taxes deducted wrongly. Plus they are very difficult to get a hold of making it even all the more stressful to get them to correct their errors. What a disgrace. Glad I'm out of there.

I'll tell you what the scam is!! The scam is having to pay for your uniforms. What a joke! It's not like it is something you can wear on your own time. The companies should be paying for this, not some underpaid RJ FO! My advice, don't pay the bill!! Some scumbag carrier tried pulling this on me and they didn't get 1 red cent!!! They will give up after a while. And they aren't going to pay $1,000 plus dollars on lawyers to take you to court.
RX:
Take those uniforms and fold them neatly. take an appropriately sized box, and put a garbage bag in the box opened up. Place the uniforms in the box, in the opened garbage bag. Go to DEN "B" concourse, hit QueBueno for a chorizo burrito, on the way home have a double dose of your favorite laxitive. Dispense a$$ pudding into the box/garbage bag on the uniforms, wipe with said tie and neatly place the hat on top of the steaming pudding pile. Securely zip tie the garbage bag and secure the box. UPS/FedEx said box to former employers payroll dept.
Have a good nights sleep with a freshly cleansed colon.
PBR
P.S. I returned an ID to a former employer via the mail after scratching my tater with it(used rubber gloves). Pflukkeerz!

Last edited:

That sucks. However, by definition, it is not a scam. If you don't like their uniform policy, why take a job with them?

Latest resources

Back