Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HockleyPilot

Professional Fuel Manager
My buddy said he has heard of a couple of pilots, maybe former, getting big bills from the company for bogus charges?

Anyone heard of this or had this happen?

If so, that sucks.

I've heard of a few guys getting some old bills finally catching up with them after a few years. Don't know if they're bogus or not. It might be that the accounting dept has employed a new person to go over the books and make sure things are all in order. I know at least one guy's been gone from here for several years and is only now finding out that he owes money. The only really crappy part is that apparently he wasn't even given a chance to pay the company but some of the debts went straight to a collection agency, which may adversely affect peoples credit.

Oh it is true they are sending collection agencies after former pilots. Yes this includes us furloughs! If the company forgot to deduct something from your check doesn't matter how long ago they are sending it to collections. Mind you they provide you no evidence to back up their claim.

Oh it is true they are sending collection agencies after former pilots. Yes this includes us furloughs! If the company forgot to deduct something from your check doesn't matter how long ago they are sending it to collections. Mind you they provide you no evidence to back up their claim.

Talk to a lawyer-they have to jump thru some very specific hoops to send stuf to collections and/or to ding your credit. If they are not very careful, they could get their butts sued off!

Actually when they changed the credit laws, it became very easy to report something to your credit. To my knowledge they are using the collection agency to get the money instead of using the already understaffed and overworked payroll department.

I know things are tough everywhere but its sad to see how far XJT has fallen this past year, ridiculous.

It is one thing to go after former employees that fail to turn in manuals or pass travel that was delayed by Continental. However send a certified letter first if not then use collections. Going after the furloughs is just plain wrong!!!

It is not just furloughed pilots but all former pilots they are going after. I resigned there in 2007 and have also been contacted by the collection agency. XJT claims I owe them money for uniforms purchased through payroll deduct in 2000. Yup, nine years ago...

My advice is this: Before you give the collection agency anything ask for documentation. If it cannot be provided (such as in my case) they cannot legally report you to a credit bureau. Next, if they can supply documentation, ask them if this has already, or will be, reported to credit bureaus. If it already has I would not give them anything. What is the point? You have already been damaged. Paying it will not get it off of your credit. Next, if it is legitimate and it has not or will not be reported then try to settle it for about half of what you owe. They will probably take that deal.

I think this situation is a fine example of the disturbing lack of professionalism that XJT is rapidly becoming know for throughout the industry. No thought was put into how this would actually affect the people they are going after. If you do not work there anymore I would consider yourself very, very fortunate.

How is it a "scam" if you owe them money? Sounds like some of you are trying to "scam" them by not paying something that you owe to them. Quit being such a cheapskate and pay up.

Actually when they changed the credit laws, it became very easy to report something to your credit. To my knowledge they are using the collection agency to get the money instead of using the already understaffed and overworked payroll department.

Oh-

You can report anything you want to the agency-you can state that some poor pilot owes you Billions, but my point was pretty much this:

The facts have to be correct, the documents must be accurate notarized, and there could be a statute involved. The fact that the company acted as "creditor" and you left (or were involuntarily furloughed) must be covered in the contract.

If any of these (and many more) items were overlooked, you can just wait until the screw up your credit, and you will have one hell of a good lawsuit!

-If XJT was as sloppy as many regionals are with the drafting of these contracts (they probably didn't even use a lawyer-if they are half as stupid as mgmt. at many regionals) and the recordkeeping involved, they may very well have left themselves open to a huge judgement. Just let them hit your credit, if the don't have their ducks in a row!

-Talk to a good lawyer-especially if you were furloughed (it doesn't seem like these guys should have to pay.) It would probably be well worth paying for a couple of hours to review this contract.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back