Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT management at the negotiation table requests.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now that the company has laid it out, expect them to play hard ball with our schedules and QOL.

THEY (Skywest) signed an agreement that we would be the 2nd lowest cost... blaa, blaa, blaaa.....
Everyone praises the crap out of Skywest management and how amazing they are and they always have a plan. Well guess what... Delta out maneuvered you. Now find a way out of it. We will NOT be Pinnacle. Go F your self and deal with the lack of anyone spending the money it takes to do this S job. Good luck. (B!tch)

When did Skywest sign that agreement? Was it before the announcement to wind down Comair? I only ask because I think that agreement is doing more damage to this industry than most people realize. That alone might have been Delta's strongest motive to get the cost structure at Pinnacle. Soon Skywest will have to match it, and they have a lot of Delta feed. Just my thoughts, I may be way off base

^^^^^^^^ this.

Get rid of all the excess vp's, directors, managers, etc... and make us ONE airline. There's your cost savings right there fellers.
We saw how well concessions worked for comair.

+1. VIVA DE COMAIR!!!!! I am glad someone remembers what ma Delta did. Now she want to do it to all her kids. You guys and gals tell em to go intercourse themselves!!

You should see the propaganda our student council (SAPA) is pushing. Graphs that show us as the most expensive pilots in the regional industry and a yearly column chart indicating the numbers of aircraft coming off contract. Also shows yearly numbers of XJT/ASA aircraft on expiring contracts. They're buttering us up for a "no net gain" pay package. Scare tactics galore. Sounds like management is going to push hard to getRdone before the end of the year so the rank and file won't yet be aware of the paycut coming in January.
I agree that we're becoming relatively more expensive, just because others are becoming cheaper. But I never agreed to be the second cheapest pilot in the industry, because I'm a better pilot than that and my services have value. That was a decision management (DL and ASA) made on their own, and they're just going to have to go back to the table to work out amonst themselves. Because this is ultimately Delta's problem when we say we can't/won't fly for what they're throwing at us. And this time we have the market on our side because we CAN'T be replaced.

You should see the propaganda our student council (SAPA) is pushing. Graphs that show us as the most expensive pilots in the regional industry and a yearly column chart indicating the numbers of aircraft coming off contract. Also shows yearly numbers of XJT/ASA aircraft on expiring contracts. They're buttering us up for a "no net gain" pay package. Scare tactics galore. Sounds like management is going to push hard to getRdone before the end of the year so the rank and file won't yet be aware of the paycut coming in January.

Oh brother! And who conducted all the analysis for these charts? Who paid for that analysis?

I would be interested in seeing the yearly column chart with expiring aircraft.

here is what I expect, anything less is a "NO VOTE".

-FULL RESTORATION OF FRAGMENTAION POLICY (because SKYW pilots aren't going to support us.)
-4.5 hour min day.
-trip/duty rig based on actual.
-1 week vacation year 1, 2 year two, 3 year 5, 4 year 10(like the rest of the US)
-12 days off min every month for all pilots.
-alternate deadhead without approval (we're grown ups)
-eliminate occurrences (we're not hoodlums)
-eliminate duty in (we're grown ups)
-no call for release on reserve (we're grown ups)
-simple do-fly/don't fly list for reserves
-immediate notification and release or reassignment for cancellations
-evenly split pairing length between 1,2,3 and 4 days
-75 hours min every month
-all days off hard
-no floating days off on reserve
-single day off requires additional day off for reserves
-hotel required in domicile when overnight cancellation
-FULL RESTORATION OF FRAGMENTATION POLICY

And of course, No loose language!

Other than rigs and 12 days off, this is all status quo on the LXJT side. Solid hell no for me!

When did Skywest sign that agreement? Was it before the announcement to wind down Comair? I only ask because I think that agreement is doing more damage to this industry than most people realize. That alone might have been Delta's strongest motive to get the cost structure at Pinnacle. Soon Skywest will have to match it, and they have a lot of Delta feed. Just my thoughts, I may be way off base

They signed it the day they bought ASA.

Last edited:
One list with us and Skywest. One set of management. There is the savings you are going to get from us!

Has anyone ever verified the language in the Delta contract about haveing the "second lowest costs". I hear it all the time but has it been verified? And it really is a stupid way to manage a contract a contract unless your Delta. Can you imagine a contract with the pilots that said the "second highest pay", ya right! I can't believe Jerry would have agreed to such a provision!

At SkyWest we have a Director of Internal Culture, a Director of Spares, a Director of Out Station Contracts?

Find the money somewhere else!

Oh brother! And who conducted all the analysis for these charts? Who paid for that analysis?

I would be interested in seeing the yearly column chart with expiring aircraft.

Other than rigs and 12 days off, this is all status quo on the LXJT side. Solid hell no for me!

They signed it the day they bought ASA.

How long ago was that?

The Delta contract stipulates they ALL have to have the costs of whomever is second lowest by a specified date. So, you had the bottom barrel GoJets brought in to set the bar, then they pull the Pinnacle stunt so they have a great benchmark to set for Compass, RAH, Skw and XJT. We all get set to Pinnacles rates. That's how they do business.

Why is the Express Jet side of Inc. Losing so much money? Why is the Skywest side of Inc. keeping Inc. with a profit EVERY quarter? What is going on over there?

Latest resources

Back