Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
NEW YORK, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Regional carrier ExpressJet Holdings Inc. (XJT.N: Quote, Profile , Research) on Wednesday posted lower fourth-quarter earnings burdened by greater expenses as it looked for new business for some of its planes.
ExpressJet, which flies regional jets for Continental Airlines (CAL.N: Quote, Profile , Research), said net profit fell to $22.8 million, or 39 cents a share, from $24.9 million, or 42 cents a share in the same period last year. Wall Street analysts had expected the company to post earnings of 39 cents a share, according to Reuters Estimates.

Since last May, ExpressJet has been looking for new business ventures for 69 aircraft it retained after Continental canceled a capacity purchase agreement.
ExpressJet, which has a fleet of 274 planes, said it would launch its own service in markets in the U.S. West, Midwest, and Southeast in April and May. The new service will use 44 of these available planes.

The company also said it is in talks with a prospective U.S. partner about providing regional service that would use 10 planes.
The company had previously said it started up a corporate charter with up to 15 planes. The service began operating Dec. 31 and has since flown 205 segments.

Operating revenue in the fourth quarter rose 5.1 percent to $425.8 million on fuller planes and 5.8 percent more capacity.
Load factor -- a measure of the percentage of seats filled with paying passengers -- rose 1.2 points to 77.3 percent.
ExpressJet said it will enter arbitration in a dispute with Continental over rates for 2007. The company will be paid at 2006 rates until a decision is reached, which is expected in the second or third quarter.
© Reuters 2007. All Rights Reserved.

There, I feel better.

You guys have been really good to me when I commute and I do wish you the best of luck. However, I think that Independence Air demonstrated that the public doesn't fly on RJ's because it wants too, no matter how sweet the fare is. They only fly on them because that is all the major air carrier they use is offering in a given market.

The corporate/charter thing may work out. Again best of luck.

NEW YORK, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Regional carrier ExpressJet Holdings Inc. (XJT.N: Quote, Profile , Research) on Wednesday posted lower fourth-quarter earnings burdened by greater expenses as it looked for new business for some of its planes.
ExpressJet, which flies regional jets for Continental Airlines (CAL.N: Quote, Profile , Research), said net profit fell to $22.8 million, or 39 cents a share, from $24.9 million, or 42 cents a share in the same period last year. Wall Street analysts had expected the company to post earnings of 39 cents a share, according to Reuters Estimates.

Since last May, ExpressJet has been looking for new business ventures for 69 aircraft it retained after Continental canceled a capacity purchase agreement.
ExpressJet, which has a fleet of 274 planes, said it would launch its own service in markets in the U.S. West, Midwest, and Southeast in April and May. The new service will use 44 of these available planes.

The company also said it is in talks with a prospective U.S. partner about providing regional service that would use 10 planes.
The company had previously said it started up a corporate charter with up to 15 planes. The service began operating Dec. 31 and has since flown 205 segments.

Operating revenue in the fourth quarter rose 5.1 percent to $425.8 million on fuller planes and 5.8 percent more capacity.
Load factor -- a measure of the percentage of seats filled with paying passengers -- rose 1.2 points to 77.3 percent.
ExpressJet said it will enter arbitration in a dispute with Continental over rates for 2007. The company will be paid at 2006 rates until a decision is reached, which is expected in the second or third quarter.
© Reuters 2007. All Rights Reserved.

There, I feel better.

You copy my thread and add a "T" to the header...you are truly, and I mean this with all sincerity, a complete A$$ clown...but of course you know that!

Your threads get hijacked, and mine just get moved to obscure forums and tucked away from everyone's view. I got over it, you should, too!

new paint

tail1.jpg

side.jpg

You copy my thread and add a "T" to the header...you are truly, and I mean this with all sincerity, a complete A$$ clown...but of course you know that!

Do you get pissed when everyone's laughing at a joke and you don't get it? I see this a lot with the flight attendants, especially the blonde ones.

Do you get pissed when everyone's laughing at a joke and you don't get it? I see this a lot with the flight attendants, especially the blonde ones.

No not really you're a joke but I still don't find you that funny.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back