• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT Co and MEC Threats!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you see the hotel section, no more downtown or "beach" hotels. Better be up on your tetanus shots!

Are we reading different TAs?

From Section 5:

"For scheduled layovers of 15 hours or more, downtown
locations will be provided. These hotels will meet the minimum
standards listed above. Consistent with paragraph 7.b., below,
the cost of such downtown hotel will not be the sole factor used
to determine the selection of hotels."

Still a POS though.

So a 10-12 year Capt is going to apply to Skywest to be a new hire FO? For that matter, all the 6-7 year FO's? Yea, they wanna sign up for 5 more years in the right seat.

They did when Comair wound down. At least half of them. Same with Indy Air and many others over the years. Don't be so naive. This is a Management game. Labor has little if any leverage at the Regional (subcontractor) level.

Last edited:
Are we reading different TAs?

From Section 5:

"For scheduled layovers of 15 hours or more, downtown
locations will be provided. These hotels will meet the minimum
standards listed above. Consistent with paragraph 7.b., below,
the cost of such downtown hotel will not be the sole factor used
to determine the selection of hotels."

Still a POS though.

Yeah a real POS with AAA rating of 3 Star or better. We should have gotten 4! I mean WTF over? And we have examples for the "downtown hotels. Should have been better!

There are some parts in the this TA that aren't so great but holding this up as a loss is ridiculous.

Absolutely they will, I fly with comair guys all the time. It seems crazy but they do. If I hear " I don't know how to do anything else" one more time I'm going to go crazy. Point being, I really think the plan is to wind us down and re fleet Skywest. Why else would management act the way they are? It happens no matter how vote goes!!

Yeah a real POS with AAA rating of 3 Star or better. We should have gotten 4! I mean WTF over? And we have examples for the "downtown hotels. Should have been better!

There are some parts in the this TA that aren't so great but holding this up as a loss is ridiculous.

Where are you going to find a 4 star hotel next to the airport in Tri-cities?

Where are you going to find a 4 star hotel next to the airport in Tri-cities?

What's wrong with the LaQuinta ? Cracker Barrel, Wendy's, Subway and two gas stations to buy beer at, what else do you need on regional wages?

Sarcasm back to off.

Didn't say that at all. Just saying there's nothing much wrong with LQ but its not good enough for big D.
We do get a nice hotel for long stays however.

Latest resources

Back