• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT Co and MEC Threats!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BH's update......SUCK IT! Nothing was said about his 1.3+ mil salary, and other management salaries, and getting those under control. The "World's Biggest (mismanged) Regional" Airline with a fleet of 500 planes! They'll cook the books to get XJT in bankruptcy and gut our contract. So be it. Meantime ask a DAL ramper or gate agent what their bonuses are, or those pay raises their pilots get while regionals like us carry 50%+ of DAL's passengers. Greedy is what they are.

NO!

BH's update......SUCK IT! Nothing was said about his 1.3+ mil salary, and other management salaries, and getting those under control. The "World's Biggest (mismanged) Regional" Airline with a fleet of 500 planes! They'll cook the books to get XJT in bankruptcy and gut our contract. So be it. Meantime ask a DAL ramper or gate agent what their bonuses are, or those pay raises their pilots get while regionals like us carry 50%+ of DAL's passengers. Greedy is what they are.

NO!

You freaking baby

Is it the XJT side or ASA side that is the "cost problem"? What are the chances a NO vote equals a ASA/SkyWest merger and xjt ( on paper ) is dissolved, and the xjt pilots fold into the combined ASA/SKW...?? Regardless all regionals are in for a world of pain the next 5 years.. ATP mins, FAR 117, 50 seaters going away, I just don't see any way yes or no vote will help. They fact is no major airline wants its regional to make money... Thats the problem...

Last edited:
^Point taken.. I agree. Its not time for change or to lock into anything or more then a year... To much changing..

Did you see the hotel section, no more downtown or "beach" hotels. Better be up on your tetanus shots!

They don't need to go bankrupt. All they need to do is not renew leases with ExpressJet then bid on it with SkyWest. The gamble is that they can staff SkyWest in the future. Given the recent history of regionals, I am willing to bet at least half of the ExpressJet pilot group would be willing to apply to SkyWest as things wind down. I really feel like this is going to happen regardless of the outcome of the vote on the TA. Really scary, no win situation ExpressJet is done!!

So a 10-12 year Capt is going to apply to Skywest to be a new hire FO? For that matter, all the 6-7 year FO's? Yea, they wanna sign up for 5 more years in the right seat.

Latest resources

Back