• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT agrees to new 7 year CPA with CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I figured there'd be some positive direction in the XJT stock today... not-a-bit!

hmmm

For no other reason than Wall Street was hoping for the Skywest deal. They pumped up the stock hoping for the deal so they could make money off the stock premium Skywest was going to pay. When it didn't happen they dumped it. No surprise whatsoever. Wall Street always wants M & A deals or growth...this CPA is neither it more less status quo for XJT with a bit of a reduction. Don't make more of it than it is.

I figured there'd be some positive direction in the XJT stock today... not-a-bit!

hmmm

I talked to a friend at XJT just a bit ago and he says there isn't as much jubilation and excitement since there is still talk of furloughs of about 300 pilots inspite of this new CAL agreement. Also he said XJT still may encounter liquidity problems down the road since they bid very low for this deal just to keep the flying.

I talked to a friend at XJT just a bit ago and he says there isn't as much jubilation and excitement since there is still talk of furloughs of about 300 pilots inspite of this new CAL agreement. Also he said XJT still may encounter liquidity problems down the road since they bid very low for this deal just to keep the flying.

They'll just have to diversify. Haven't they bid on Uniteds' CPA? last I heard, that was looking good for them.

I doubt that anything you said is true.
1. I doubt you have any XJT friends or friends at all
2. No one who would speak openly about "bids" could possibly know what the terms of this deal are.
3. No XJT line pilot has that kind of access to those numbers with the only exception being those at the MEC.
4. refer to #1

Am I the only person the believes XJT had to take a substantial revenue hit to ink this deal and that cost cutting measures to include employee concessions (yes that includes the pilots) cannot be that far off?

Am I the only person the believes XJT had to take a substantial revenue hit to ink this deal and that cost cutting measures to include employee concessions (yes that includes the pilots) cannot be that far off?

That's sort of why I thought you guys would be better off tying your ship to Skywest. While things are far from perfect, the company has never furloughed pilots, and has really been the most secure regional in the last 30+ years.

But hey, your pride is in tact now that the buyout threat is gone. Revenues are going down now that CAL has struck a cheaper deal with you. Hopefully for you things will work out in the next seven years. If not, atleast you have your pride right?

That's sort of why I thought you guys would be better off tying your ship to Skywest. While things are far from perfect, the company has never furloughed pilots, and has really been the most secure regional in the last 30+ years.

But hey, your pride is in tact now that the buyout threat is gone. Revenues are going down now that CAL has struck a cheaper deal with you. Hopefully for you things will work out in the next seven years. If not, atleast you have your pride right?

Pride? That's really what you think this is about? I get the impression your pride was hurt by this deal not going through. Why do so many skw pilots not realize that the buyout deal sucked? It was bad for xjt pilots because it offered no job protection to those not furloughed after 12 months. It was bad for asa and skw pilots because it would have created a three way whipsaw. Is this really what skw pilots wanted? If not how about a handshake, a "congrats" and then we drop this feud.

Latest resources

Back